This post is part of the Indiana Summer Fun 2012 series. Be sure to check out all the ways to enjoy Indiana in true frugal fashion this summer!
We can’t talk about Summer in Indiana without mentioning the Indiana State Fair, a celebration of everything Hoosier!
Each year the Indiana State Fair means:
- Exciting Rides
- Delicious Food
- Amazing Animals
- Outstanding Concerts
- Unbelievable Shows
- and Family Fun for Everyone
This year’s Indiana State Fair won’t disappoint, because they’ve added many new attractions like a FREE stage with festivities from 10 AM – 9 PM every day, Xtreme Action Sports Show, Family Fun Park, and Ciao Italia focusing on Clinton Indiana’s tremendous Italian population.
The most exciting new attraction through is for the brave at heart only. The Vertigo Midway Ride will lift 24 passengers almost 100 feet in the air, then swing them out over the rest of the Midway. The Vertigo will cost you 4 Coupons, but promises to be exciting for thrill-seekers!
- Adults $10
- Children 6+: $10
- Children 0-5: FREE
**See Ways to Save below for discount admission options.
Why We Love Indiana State Fair
Why it’s great for families: There’s fun for all ages – animals, concerts, rides, shows, exhibits, and food.
What we love most: While we haven’t seen it yet, we’re excited to see the new Family Fun Park with a trampoline show, exotic animals, pony rides, and more for little ones!
Our Tips for a Successful Visit
Tips for Young Children & Infants: Bring a stroller and plan ahead for a hot day. Bring water, stop to relax so little ones don’t get over-stimulated and seek shade now and then if your stroller doesn’t provide it.
Tips for Older Children: Check out the shows. There are many that older kids will enjoy like Super Dogs where dogs provide hysterical tricks and stunts.
Tips for Adults: Make it a date night and enjoy the Midway at night, plus sample all the delicious food for your dinner.
Ways to Save
- Park at Glendale Mall’s Rural Street and ride the FREE State Fair Park & Ride to avoid parking fees. or save $1 on fair admission when you ride your bike and use the bike rack on Monon Trail at 38th Street.
- Plan ahead and pick up discount admission tickets for only $7 at Walmart, CVS Pharmacy, Indiana Farm Bureau, The Marten House Hotel, and the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
- Plan to go more than once? Get a Multi-Day Admission Pass from Walmart to save $12 in admission. It gives you (1) admission on (3) different days.
- Visit Walmart to get special Midway Wristbands for only $18 before August 19th, plus a FREE Pepsi during your visit.
- Stop by Meijer to get $1 off your admission with purchase of Fall Creek Jeans before August 6th.
- Look in the Indianapolis Star on August 6th for FREE admission on August 8th and 9th.
- Get $2 admission on August 7th and 14th for Turkey Hill Dairy $2 Tuesday.
- Indiana State employees get FREE admission on August 9th with they present their Employee I.D. card.
- On August 13th, admission is only $15 per vehicle, so pile in your car!
- Military Personnel and Families get FREE admission when they present their military ID on August 16th.
- Bring in a Pepsi Can on August 19th to get $2 off admission.
- Checkout the Indiana State Fair Special Days & Deals page.
Plan a Visit
Enter to Win
Four (4) lucky In Good Cents readers will win one (1) FREE Indiana State Fair prize pack valued at $50 that includes:
- (5) General Fair Admission tickets (value: $10 each)
Continue to enter for a chance to win…
This post may contain affiliate links, which help support this site. For more information, please read the Disclosure Policy