New customers can use the coupon code 25cards on SeeHere to get FREE holiday cards. Choose from these deals.
Valid only on 4×8 custom photo cards and for new customers only. Expires March 31, 2012.
Make sure you haven’t missed any other great photo deals lately to preserve your precious memories.
(Thanks Cha Ching on a Shoe String!)
The number one New Year’s resolution this year is to lose weight! It’s my husbands. Not surprising, since it’s always been a popular one, but unfortunately 25% of New Years resolutions fail within the very first week.
I’m not a dietitian, so I don’t have the expertise to help you lose weight. My area of expertise is saving money and I can tell you that you don’t have to spend more to get healthier food.
If your resolution this year is to lose weight or eat healthier, here’s some helpful tips & resources, to also help you save money!
- Register online for manufacturer newsletters! You can get coupons and exclusive savings via e-mail or snail mail.
- Keep your eyes peeled for weight-loss FREEbies this time of year!
- Also, check out this list for Organic & All-Natural Coupons, since simply eating right is a healthy way to get your body in shape.
- Many gyms will have discounted membership and other enticements to get you to sign up. If it motivates you and you have the funds, go for it. However, remember you don’t have to go to the gym to lose weight. Play tag with your kids, dance in your home, run up and down your stairs, and go for a walk with your family (when it gets warmer).
- Cook more and eat a home. It’s frugal and much healthier!
- Order water and fun salads at restaurants to save money and eat better. Maybe add some lemon to that water for more flavor.
- Don’t buy snacks and sweets. If you don’t have it in your home, your craving for chocolate tends to disappear a bit easier if you have to drive to the store to get it.
Hopefully, you and my husband succeed! Me? I am a failure typically when it comes to diets, especially fad diets. But, no one knows me better than I do. I love sweets and cereal, so the Kellogg’s Special K diet is the one that I tend to stick with and works best for me. The Special K Vanilla Almond cereal is so good, I could probably live off of it for an indefinite amount of time.
If you wanted diet advice from me, it would be to not try a diet that doesn’t appeal to you. If it’s too much work and miserable for you, you’ll definitely end up quitting. So, take some time to think about what you enjoy and how you can use that to lose weight and eat healthier! You may have to get creative, but it will be much more fun than forcing down low-carb meals for weeks on end.
What is your New Year’s resolution?
Today is a BIG day! Not only is it the very first day of the year and my birthday, but it’s also the 1st anniversary of IN Good ‘Cents’
. Exactly 1 year ago today I posted the very first IN Good ‘Cents’ post and launched my “career” as a blogger. It’s been a very educational experience.
I’d like to thank all of you who have been following this blog and all of the fans, especially those who have been with me since the very beginning, while I stumbled through all my “beginner blogger” mistakes!
I can’t wait to see what this new year will bring! Please e-mail me if there are any specific things you’d like to see. I always love hearing from readers!
Happy New Year Everyone!