Meijer Coupon Policy & Frequently Asked Questions
Checkout the latest Meijer coupon matchups and deals.
Meijer offers many Meijer store coupons to stack (use) with manufacturer coupons to help you maximize your savings. The trick to saving money at any store is to understand the store’s policies and take advantage of all the various savings promotions they offer. Meijer is no different. If you walk into Meijer and throw items in your cart, you won’t save much, if anything. The key is to use your coupons on sale items, or better yet Mega Sale items, to maximize your savings.
- Local Meijer Ad (Match your coupons to items on sale to maximize your savings!)
- Meijer Community Rewards (A percent of your purchase will be donated to the school of your choice.)
- Meijer Customer Service
- Meijer Coupons
- Meijer Coupon Matchups (Indiana)
Meijer sales may start on Sunday or Thursday, depending on your store. The Meijer Deals & Coupon Matchups on In Good Cents are for the Central Indiana area. Prices may vary by location, but are often similar. Price differences typically include product and/or soda prices.
Meijer often has 10 for $10 sales and 10 for $10, 11th item FREE sales. For these sales, each item will ring up as $1. You DO NOT have to purchase 10 items to get each item for $1. However, the fact that you’ll get an 11th item free is enticement to make sure you purchase 11. To maximize you savings, buy 11 items and use 11 manufacturer coupons.
Meijer Coupon Policy
The Meijer coupon policy is available online and valid nationwide.
When accepting coupons, Meijer uses the following guidelines:
Meijer accepts manufacturer, Catalina manufacturer, Meijer, Catalina Meijer, mPerks, internet, and competitor coupons within certain guidelines.
- Coupons must be presented on or before the expiration date
- All coupon terms and conditions must be met and validated by the checkout register
- Customers may use one manufacturer coupon (paper or digital) per item.
- Customers may also combine one manufacturer coupon per item with applicable Meijer coupon(s) where allowed undercoupon redemption terms.
- Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions
- Separate checklanes will not be opened or designated for customers with large coupon orders
- Manufacturer coupons and Catalina manufacturer coupons require the Customer to pay sales tax on the full retail amount
- Meijer, Catalina Meijer, and competitor coupons require the Customer to pay sales tax only on the discounted price
- Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area, for Grocery and or for Health and Beauty Care items
- Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area for General Merchandise items only if the competitor’s price point is included. The item must be the identical item on the coupon for the match to occur.
- Meijer does not accept competitor coupons for beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, double and triple coupons, clearance, percent off, total trans- action discounts, special promotions, gift card promotions, limited quantity items, mail-in rebate offers, and going out of business sales
- Meijer reserves the right to limit coupon quantities and to determine the order of application of multiple coupons and/or promotions
Meijer Price Matching Policy
Meijer price matches local competitor ads in store. You can find the Meijer Price Match Policy online.
Meijer will match ads for General Merchandise from major competitors in each store’s trading area within certain guidelines:
• The ad must display the competitor’s sale price point
• The purchased item must be identical to the item displayed in the ad
• Item must be in-stock at the competitor for ad match to occur
• All ad conditions are met in accordance with its terms
• Meijer does not match competitor ads for Grocery and or for Health and Beauty Care items
• Meijer does not accept competitor ads for beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, double or triple coupons, clearance, percent off, total transaction discount, special promotions, gift card promotions, limited quantity items, mail-in rebate offers, and going out of business sales
• Meijer reserves the right to limit quantities and timeframes for any competitor ad match
*Meijer will not match general merchandise competitor doorbusters or limited hour sales.*
Additionally, Meijer will not match ads for the following:
–Supermarket, alcohol, or tobacco items
–Special limited quantities
–Buy one get one free offers
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are the prices at my Meijer different from those listed on your site?
A: Meijer sale prices are typically nationwide with a few exclusions, like soda and produce. Regular prices vary regionally and sometimes even from store-to-store within the same area. Generally prices are reasonably close, but some may vary greatly.
Q: Does Meijer offer rain checks? How do they work?
A: Meijer does offer rain checks on out-of-stock items at customer service. However, if you have a coupon that will expire before Meijer restocks and they are out of stock of that particular item, Meijer will not issue a rain check at the coupon discounted rate for that item.
Q: Meijer often has 10/$10, 11th Item Free sales. What is the best way to take advantage of this sale to get the best deal?
A: Try to stack your 10/$10, 11th Item Free items with coupons. If you have 11 items, you can have 11 coupons. You can even use a coupon on your free item. Here’s an example:
Buy 1 Glaceau Vitamin Water (Use $1/1)
Buy 1 Hunts Ketchup (Use $0.20/1 & it doubles)
Buy 1 Pillsbury Cake Mix or Frosting (Use $0.35/1 & it doubles)
Buy 2 Ken’s Salad Dressing (Use $1/2)
Buy 2 Aunt Millie’s Bread (Use 2 $0.35/1 & it doubles)
Buy 2 Bar S Meat Franks or Bologna (Use $1/2)
Buy 2 Country Crock Butters (Use 2 $0.25/1 & it doubles & stack with Meijer $1/2)
Grand Total: $11.00 ($1 each)
Coupon Total: $7.50
11th Item Free Discount: $1.00
FINAL OOP: $2.50 + Tax
Q: What is the difference between the Sat-Sun circular and Thurs-Wed circular?
A: Different areas release their circulars at different times. Though, in this area, the Sat/Sun and Thurs/Wed circulars are similar enough to do in one listing, there are variations. Typically they include lower costs on sodas and produce in the Thurs/Wed circular.
Q: Does Meijer participate in the UPromise program?
A: Meijer no longer participates in the UPromise program in stores.