Copyrights & Trademarks
In Good Cents is a legal trademark of In Good Cents, LLC.
A lot of time and effort goes into maintaining In Good Cents. Our time is valuable to us. If you think you can simply copy deals from In Good Cents and paste them on your own site, than you (as my Grandma would say) have another thing coming. That thing is an introduction to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which states that websites (even blogs and forums) have the same protection under the Copyright Act as non-digital works. You can’t remove J.K. Rowling’s name from Harry Potter, slap on your own name on it, and publish it, even if you add “Thanks J.K. Rowling’s!”. Same goes with the coupon matchups and deals on this site.
In Good Cents is a licensed trademark of In Good Cents, LLC and all materials are copyright and all rights are reserved. No content on this site, including text and photos, may be reused in any fashion without written permission. But, I’m going to break it down for you to answer all your “but what about…’s”
Full Store Deals & Coupon Matchups: Full store deals and coupon matchups, which means we compiled them and are not highlighting deals from another blog or resource, may not be reused in any fashion without written permission. You may however, highlight the top 5-7 deals of your choice and provide a link back to the original post for the full list like “The following deals were complied by In Good Cents. Below are my favorites. Visit her site for the full list.”
A few sites do have permission to share full weekly store deals and coupon matchups from In Good Cents on their sites. If you want to be added to the list of those who share my weekly deals or get more information, please contact me.
Resources, Articles, Tools, Resources, Materials, & Other Content: Original articles, resources, tools, and materials created for In Good Cents are copyright-protected and may not be reused in any fashion without written permission. You are more than welcome to highlight a paragraph or summarize an article, then provide a link back to In Good Cents for the full content. In addition, if you’d like to share any tools or materials provided on In Good Cents with your readers, you must link to the material on In Good Cents where they may gain access and credit the information to In Good Cents. You may not upload these materials to your own site to share.
Other Deals, freebies, and Coupon Alerts: We list many deals, freebies, hot coupons, and other ways to save money. Frugal bloggers all over share deals and often post the same finds. If you find a deal on In Good Cents, you’re are more than welcome to share the information you find on this site on your own blog. In fact, I encourage you to share the information you find with your readers, but in your own words (that part is important!). You must provide credit and a link back to In Good Cents or original post like “Thanks In Good Cents!“
Images: Many of the images used on this site are used within the Fair Use Doctrine. There are also original graphics designed specifically for In Good Cents, such as banners, logos, icons, buttons, headers and other images. These are copyright-protected and may not be reused in any fashion without written permission. If you choose to share a graphic from In Good Cents that is within the Fair Use Doctrine, download the graphic and upload. Hot linking is a no no!
Contributed Content: Other bloggers contribute content to In Good Cents, such as top 10 lists and roundups. These work are the property of the contributing blog. If you’re interested in sharing content contributed from another blog, please click the link within the post crediting that blogger and read their copyright policy to make sure you’re complying.
I think it’s important to mention here that the deals on this site were published after January 1, 1978, therefore copyright expires 70 years after my death. If you’d like to copy this week’s Marsh Supermarket deals and coupon matchups, then share them on your own blog 70 years after I die, you are within your rights. Have at it!
In Good Cents is designed to engage readers on the website, Facebook, Google+, and other areas of In Good Cents. You are encouraged to post comments, questions, ideas, suggesions, questions, and other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” When doing so, you may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of submitted or posted content.
In Good Cents reserves the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion. We take no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by a website user, sponsors, guest contributors, or any third party.
In Good Cents is a personal blog written and edited myself, as well as contributing authors. It is intended for entertainment or informational purposes only. We aren’t a huge corporation with millions of resources at our finger tips. We’re moms with kids who are often crawling on us while we’re “working” and families who are always our first priority. We’re human.
We make mistakes. We strive to make sure all content is as accurate as possible. Sometimes, we make mistakes and write “panties” instead of “pantries” or tell you canned pasta is $89 instead of $0.89. Tell us and we’ll thank you, laugh at ourselves, and then fix it. We are not responsible for typos and/or mistakes. We wish we were perfect, but unfortunately, we’re not.
We are not them. In Good Cents is designed to bring deals from many different sources. While we talk about many different brands and companies, we are not part of those brands or companies. Unless otherwise specified, offers and deals listed are not administered by In Good Cents. That means we tell you about deals, so you can take advantage, but we don’t actually control the deal. Therefore, we can’t give you free samples, mail you coupons, track your rebate, assist you in a refund, restock your favorite brand at your local grocery store, or fix your printer.
They are not us. In Good Cents often partners with and/or is affiliated with many companies and brands. However, In Good Cents is not owned or controlled by these companies or brands. Unless otherwise specified, articles on In Good Cents are in no way endorsed by, associated with, and/or sponsored by the companies mentioned. That means, if you click in a link on In Good Cents to go to a printable coupon website, then email them to ask about a free photo prints deal you saw here, they probably won’t know what you’re talking about.
In addition, keeping In Good Cents family friendly is important to us (remember, our kids are reading this over our shoulder!). We often link to many different websites. We have no control over the content on these sites. We are not responsible for the information found on the sites, links within content, and/ or actions taken by these companies or brands. That means, when thousands of you rush their site for a free sample and the company freaks out about the overwhelming response, then shuts down the page, we’re probably right there with you. We can’t fix it, but we can laugh with you when companies are going to learn their lesson about deals like this. That’s so much better than stressing out about something neither of us can control!
Deals change quickly & often. Deals, coupons, freebies, samples, and other offers change and often without notice. We are not responsible if deals they are no longer available, change, never arrive, you do not qualify, links are redirected and/or removed, the offer is refused, and/or other issues arise. Trust us, we don’t like it either, but the best deals are gone the quickest (this is a good time to suggest you subscribe, so you don’t miss those!).
We are not experts. The opinions by editors, writers, sponsors, commentators, contributors, and other content providers are their own and do not constitute medical, legal, financial, or other advice. Information found on In Good Cents should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal, or financial decisions. Please consult a professional for advice when necessary.
In order to keep this site a FREE resource for families, In Good Cents is sponsored by paid advertising. Paid advertisements are provided by third party affiliate networks, Amazon, Google Adsense, private advertising, and other advertising networks or services. I do accept free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation and gifts from companies and organizations. I also have a partnership with many coupon websites and online stores. While not all links and advertisements result in income for In Good Cents, many links and advertisements are compensated in some way.
Regardless of any compensation, I will always express my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, and experiences on topics or products featured. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
In Good Cents discloses in each post if that articles contains one or more sponsored, affiliate, or referral links. Please look for disclosure policies within articles to identify these posts.
In Good Cents is a personal blog designed to help families of all sizes save money. We claim no expertise other than our own personal experience.
In Good Cents does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest for us.
Site Access & Licenses
We grant users of In Good Cents a limited license to access and make personal use of the website. You may not download, other than caching, or modify any portion of the website without our written permission. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the website, resources and materials available, or content, or any derivatives of the website or content. In addition, this license does not include any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction tools. No portion of the Websites may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without written consent.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, any user who posts or submits material, unless indicated otherwise, grants In Good Cents a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media and grants In Good Cents and subsidiaries the right to use the name submitted in connection with such content, if they choose. User represents and warrants that he or she owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the content posted; that the content is accurate; that use of the content supplied does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and will indemnify In Good Cents for all claims resulting from content supplied.
User is granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of In Good Cents, so long as the link does not portray In Good Cents, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. User may not use any the In Good Cents logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
Any unauthorized use of In Good Cents terminates the permission or license granted by Sponsor.
The of your information is very important. In Good Cents does request certain information when you take action on this site, such as commenting, entering a giveaway, participating in surveys, and other interactions.
Information, such as your e-mail address, collected when you comment or ask a question, is used to answer questions or reply to your comment. Your e-mail address is only visible by administrators only and can not be seen by other readers.
In addition, In Good Cents is supported by 3rd party advertisers which may collect information including your IP address, your ISP, and other information about your browsing capabilities using cookies and/or web beacons. This information is used only to target advertising.
In Good Cents collects information to:
- Make improvements
- Administer giveaways, contests, promotions, surveys, and promotions
- Distribute daily e-mails to subscribers
As a frugal blog, we often link to offers from third parties or services that are not part of this site. These parties have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content or activities of other sites. Nevertheless, we do try hard to only link to reliable and reputable sites to protect the integrity of In Good Cents.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
As a website which may receive visitors from the state of California, we must comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. I therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
This site is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). Though this is a family-friendly site that tries hard to only list family-friendly material. However, like most websites, the material and services on In Good Cents are directed towards audiences that are at least 18 years old and older. In addition, you must be at least 18 years of age to participate in any giveaways or contests featured on In Good Cents.
Giveaways & Contests
At times, In Good Cents may offer giveaways and/or sweepstakes (giveaways). Potential winner(s) are selected randomly and potential winner(s) based solely on chance.
Giveaways offered on In Good Cents may be sponsored, in some manner, by a 3rd party company or In Good Cents, LLC. This information will be disclosed per our disclosure policy in the giveaway announcement. However, regardless of compensation or sponsorship, all opinions are 100% our own. Unless otherwise specified, giveaways are hosted, conducted, and winners are selected by In Good Cents, LLC regardless of sponsor.
By entering a giveaway , you agree to our term & conditions. Participation constitutes entrants full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of all rules including amendments and additional rules within the announcement.
- Giveaways and Sweepstakes may be announced via In Good Cents LLC’s website, or other means at our sole discretion. Announcements will include: 1) end date, 2) additional eligibility requirements 3) method of entry 4) description of prize and 5) how many potential winners will be selected.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win any giveaway. Making purchases will not improve chances of winning.
- Odd so winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Entrant must be a resident of the United States with a valid shipping address (not a P.O. Box) within the sponsors distribution area.
- Entrant must have reached the age of majority in the sate of residence at the time of entry and must have online Internet access before the date of giveaway announcement.
- Giveaways and contests are subject to all applicable federal , state, and local laws and regulations. The following giveaway are void: (1) any giveaway in the state of Arizona, (2) any giveaway in the state of Rhode Island when the estimated value of the prize is greater than $500, (3) any giveaway in the states of Florida or New York when the estimated value of the Prize is greater than $5000, and (5) any giveaway in a jurisdictions where registration may be required. Giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- Entrant is deemed to be the holder of the email account associated with the entry. Only one entry per e-mail address or per person will be considered for entry, unless multiple entries are specifically allowed in the announcement.
- Employees, contractors, and affiliates of In Good Cents LLC and the sponsoring company are not eligible for participation.
- The potential winner(s) of the giveaway will be announced on one or more of the websites after the close of the voting or selection period. Potential winner(s) will also be notified via e-mail.
- In Good Cents will make every reasonable effort to notify and award the prize to the potential winner(s) selected. However, unless otherwise stated in the giveaway announcement, a potential winner may be required, at our sole and absolute discretion, to forfeit any and all rights to receive the prize if one or more of the following occurs: (1) we are unable to reach a potential winner within five (5) business days, (2) if a potential winner fails to respond to the notification within five (5) business days, (3) if a potential winner declines to accept the prize, (4) if the notification or the prize itself is returned as undeliverable, or (5) if the potential winner(s) does not satisfy all of the eligibility requirements. If a potential winner is required to forfeit rights to receive the prize, we may elect,but shall not be required, to select an alternate potential winner at our sole and absolute discretion. In Good Cents and sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- We reserve the right to require the potential winner(s) to execute an affidavit of eligibility and/or a publicity/liability release as sworn documents and to provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize.
- In Good Cents, LLC and the sponsoring company are not liable for any injury or damages to person and/or things as a result of the acceptance of the prize offered.
- Any difference between the actual value of the prize and the estimated value included in the giveaway announcement will not be awarded.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, In Good Cents, LLC in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value. The potential winner(s) may not transfer prize rights nor request substitutions or cash redemptions.
- The actual prize recipient acknowledges, agrees and understands that he or she shall bear sole responsibility for any incidental expenses not specified in the prize description and for the reporting and prompt and full payment of any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes that may be owed in connection with the receipt, possession or use of the prize.
- No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these giveaway announcement to be available and/or claimed, In Good Cents, LLC reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- In Good Cents, LLC assumes no responsibility for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions, of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any websites or service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the giveaway ; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the giveaway or the processing of entries; (6) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail or e-mail; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway, receipt or use or misuses of any prize, or from downloading any material from In Good Cents, LLC’s websites, regardless of whether the material was prepared by In Good Cents, LLC or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to In Good Cents, LLC’s websites by a hypertext link.
- In Good Cents, LLC reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any Giveaway at any time without prior notice, including but not limited to if it becomes technically corrupted or because of unauthorized human intervention. In Good Cents, LLC reserves the right in the event of such cancellation to award the Prize to an eligible, non-suspect entry received prior to cancellation.
- By submitting the entry, entrant agrees and hereby releases In Good Cents, LLC and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, officers and directors from any and all liability or claims of any nature arising in connection with entrant’s participation in the Giveaway, including but not limited to In Good Cents, LLC’s use of the Materials submitted to In Good Cents, LLC and used in any manner in In Good Cents, LLC’s sole and absolute discretion, or as to any prize(s) which may be awarded. By entering and/or accepting a prize,
- Entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless In Good Cents, LLC and its directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, successors, or assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind, including death, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or any other claims arising out of or in connection with any Giveaway offered by In Good Cents, LLC.
- Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this giveaway , or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court in the state of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms & conditions, or the rights and obligations of entrant and In Good Cents, LLC in connection with the giveaway shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term, rule, or condition. In Good Cents, LLC’s failure to enforce any term of these terms & conditions for any reason shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Unless otherwise specified, giveaways are not sponsored or endorsed by Facebook or Twitter.