This is a favorite of mine and my kids!
- – Ingredients – -
- 1 Can Regular Corn
- 1 Can Cream-Style Corn
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 TBSP Mustard
- 1 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- Small Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 5 TBSP Butter
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- – Directions – -
- Preheat over to 325 and grease a baking dish.
- Melt 5 TBSP of butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and milk. Cook on medium-low until thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and blended.
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs. Gently stir in corn and 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Combine cheese and corn mixture and pour into baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with remaining bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole for a crunchy top.
- Bake approximately 1 hour until firm.
- – Cooking Tips & More – -
- Save Money - Use crushed cereal or crackers in place of bread crumbs!
- Get Creative - Try Mexican-style corn or add green or red peppers for fun.
Want more? Brows the recipe index to check out all of my recipes!
You may remember me mentioned that I was on the hunt for some fun veggetables and other foods to stick on the grill with my ribs! Well, I went with fruit, instead. In fact, it was a pineapple I found on markdown.
:: Ingredients ::
- 1 Pineapple (sliced & peeled)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Brown
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
:: Directions ::
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and brush with oil when it gets hot.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Place coconut milk in a separate bowl.
- Dip pineapple slices in coconut milk, then coat with brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place slices on grill. Cook for approximately 12-15 minute, flipping the pineapple over ever 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
:: Centsible Cooking Tips & More ::
- Change It Up: Use one tablespoon of butter instead of milk. Cook the brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon into a glaze to coat pineapple when cooking.
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.
1 Cup Rice
1 tsp Butter
1 tsp Garlic (minced if fresh)
1 tsp Lemon Peel, grated
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Cups Chicken Broth
2 tsp Parsley (dried flakes or tray frozen)
In a medium sauce pan, combine rice, butter, garlic, lemon, pepper, and broth. Boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer approximately 15 minutes until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in parsley.
Cool and store in freezer baggies. To serve, heat stove top or in microwave and fluff with a fork.
This is one of my favorite recipes and it’s so quick and easy!
Zucchini (sliced length-wise)
Butter the top of the Zucchini and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Grill on medium until soft and enjoy! Top with Parmesan cheese while still hot, so it will melt, to add some variety.