|Orange Salad Recipe
Recipe Type: Salad/ Dessert
- 2 boxes orange Jello
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 pt orange sherbet
- 1 med can pineapples
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 2 bananas
- Dissolve Jello in hot water.
- Add sherbet and stir until dissolved.
- Next add oranges, pineapple and sliced bananas.
- Chill until set and ready to serve.
Craving more? Browse the recipe index for more easy recipes.
|Spinach and Cranberry Salad Recipe
Recipe Type: Salad
- 1 pkg fresh spinach – washed
- 1 apple – sliced
- 1 avocado – cubed
- 1/2 red onion – sliced
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ginger – to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix salad ingredients together (spinach, apples, avocado, onion cranberries, almonds) Add apple and avacado last just before tossing with dressing.
- Mix remaining ingredients for dressing, pour over salad and toss just before serving.
Craving more? Browse the recipe index for more easy recipes and check out the 25 Days of Christmas series on In Good Cents for more recipes and craft ideas for the holiday season!
Make sure to check out the In Good Cents Holiday Gift Guide for exclusive coupons, unique gift ideas, and chances to win!
Quick and easy Salad. This is always a big hit at carry ins.
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chunk pineapple
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Chill before serving.
Craving more? Browse the recipe index to find more frugal, quick, and kid-friendly recipes.
It’s corn time! You’re going to start seeing in-husk corn on sale a lot soon. My family loves corn. It’s delicious on the cob, off the cob, on the grill, baked, boiled, in salads, in dips, on Mexican foods, in soups, and so many other ways!
:: Ingredients ::
- 2 cups fresh corn (cooked, cooled, and removed from cob)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 apple (diced)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup basil (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white or apple-cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
:: Directions ::
- In a bowl, toss the corn, tomatoes, apples, and onion and chill in refrigerator.
- In a cup, mix oil, basil, and vinegar. Blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to salad, toss to coat, and serve!
:: Centsible Cooking Tips & More ::
- Change It Up: You can mix and match summer vegetables to make your own favorite!
- Encore Meal Idea: Save extra dressing for another salad night!
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.
It’s exactly like what it sounds – a salad made out of a few of your Thanksgiving leftovers… and it’s delicious!
Lettuce or Spinach
2 Cups Turkey (cubed or shredded)
1 Apple (diced & cored)
1/4 Cup Grapes (seedless)
2 TBSP Walnuts or Almonds
2 Kiwi (peeled & sliced)
1 Cup Cranberry Sauce
1/4 Cup Orange Juice (concentrate)
2 TBSP Mayo
Toss salad ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients until blended. Serve salad with dressing on the side.
Olives (black, diced)
Place shredded lettuce on a tortilla or tortilla chips. Heat left over sloppy joes on the stove and mix in taco seasoning as directed. Also heat the left over chili in the microwave. Place the chili, then seasoned sloppy joes on top of the lettuce. Top with tomatoes, onion, and olives. Add shredded cheese and a drop of sour cream and salsa. Serve!
We’re approaching the weekend! Come back tomorrow to see what we made next.
For easy navigation, I added a Meal Chain page HERE with links to the recipes. You can also access this page from the Recipe page by using the button at the top of the page.