I knew it was coming, but now it’s now official. Meijer has quietly decided to stop offering double coupons in all stores effective August 25, 2013. Signs are being posted in all Meijer stores that still offer double coupons to make the announcement to customers.
Meijer via Facebook:
It’s true that we no longer double coupons, effective August 25. We are shifting our resources to mPerks digital coupons. Less than five percent of Meijer customer used double coupons, but nearly 1.5 million have signed up for mPerks, with as many as 25,000 joining each week. We are also expanding mPerks to include rewards for our pharmacy. Signing up is easy at: http://bit.ly/TPxSx0. Of course, in addition to mPerks, we will still accept coupons at face value, and still offer our everyday low prices and weekly specials.
What can you do?
- Give feedback to Meijer on their Facebook page or call their Customer Service. Remember, be kind!
- Shop lower-price stores like Aldi or Peapod online grocery store, which still doubles coupons up to $0.99 in value. You can use the coupon code PPCJ15 through August 31st to save $15 on your first purchase!
- Continue to use coupons and, when possible, stack those coupons with store coupons and rebates.
- Remember, you can still stack store and manufacturer coupons at Target and Meijer.
- Be nice to cashiers. Remember, this is not their decision.
Coupons procured by Savings.com
Some of the links within this post are sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy for details.