Free summer reading programs are a great way to get your kids reading throughout the summer. Many locations offer prizes for completing reading logs.
Here’s a few places that offer great FREE summer reading programs.
- Barnes & Noble: Read 8 books and record them in the Reading Journal. Bring your completed journal to a local Barnes & Noble store to get a FREE book from their summer reading list. (May 21-September 3, 2013)
- BJU Press: Sign up on line and complete the reading logs. Once you complete the log, you’ll get a FREE surprise, plus be entered for additional prizes. (Through August 13, 2013)
- Book Adventure: Find books to read, pick them up at your local library, take an online quiz, and earn prizes.
- Carmel Library: The summer reading program kicks off on June 3rd for infants through 5th grade. (June-July)
- Chuck E. Cheese: Print your certificate online and complete it, then take it into your local Chuck E. Cheese to get 10 FREE tokens as a reward.
- Greenwood Public Library: Read books and earn prizes from wonderful sponsors such as Kohl’s, City of Greenwood, Sam’s Club, and many more.
- Half Price Books: Read for at least 15 minutes each day. Once you’ve read 15 minutes turn in your completed log to Half Price Books to earn Half Price Bookwork Bucks. (June-July)
- Hamilton East Public Library: Registration begins June 1st for the Summer Reading Program. Complete the requirements for your age group to get prizes like coupons for local restaurants and attractions, treasure chest toys, books, and more.
- Indianapolis Public Library: This summer reading program kicks off with a FREE concert on June 1, 2013. Space is limited for the concert, but not the reading program. (June-July)
- Pizza Hut: Check to see if your school is participating in the Pizza Hut Book-It program. If not, you can still download activities, recipes, and more for parents to host their own reading program at home.
- Pottery Barn Kids: Children can grab a reading list from Pottery Barn Kids. Read all the books on the list to get a FREE prize. (May 16-August 26th, 2013)
- Scholastic Books: Log the minutes you read online to earn rewards. Set weekly goals and enter their summer sweepstakes. Plus, take extra challenges for bonus rewards.
- The Wild Bookstore: Stop by The Wild Bookstore in Noblesville to get a reading log. Read the required books per week to get a FREE ice pop. Limit one ice pop per week. (June 1-July 27, 2013)
Make sure to check out your public library for more summer reading programs near you!
Know of more great summer reading programs? Tell me about them below! Plus, don’t forget to check out more fun things to do this summer in the Indiana Staycation 2013 series!