Changes to the Marsh Supermarket Coupon Policy

by Beth Montgomery on January 30, 2013 · 8 comments

in Announcements, Marsh, Store Deals

If you check out the Marsh Coupon Policy, you’ll notice a few changes, including one HUGE change – no double coupons. When the new Marsh Coupon Policy goes into effect on January 31, 2013, Marsh will no longer offer double coupons.

Here’s a few changes you’ll notice:

• Marsh Supermarket will no longer offer double coupons.
  • Internet coupons must scan at the checkout and must follow industry standard format.

While I understand that Marsh doesn’t want  riot of unhappy couponers on their hands, I’m kind of disappointed in them for quietly making this change without any sort of announcement. Unfortunately, I’ve had the information confirmed by multiple reliable sources and announcements will be posted at registers tomorrow. Personally, I’d be irate if I didn’t find out until checkout about this big change.

How will this change affect how you shop?

You can read the fully updated Marsh Coupon Policy online.

While making your grocery list, make sure you haven’t missed any recently added deals at Marsh Supermarket, plus check out all the deals for grocery shopping.

More Ways to Save

1 Nicole D. January 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Seriously?!? I even work there part-time, closely with my managers that know I’m a couponer and I wasn’t told about this. Thank you for posting! This stinks.

2 Beth January 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Nicole, a few managers announced it this week to their employees. A few mentioned they were NOT looking forward to working tomorrow. I don’t understand how they plan to compete with Kroger and Meijer who do double coupons in this area. Their prices were already noticeably higher.

3 Nicole D. January 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I completely agree. Kroger is usually just across the street at all of their locations. I thought Marsh had been getting better and understanding the coupon thing when they began sending customers some great personalized coupons in the mail – apparently not. Hopefully this change is short-term.

4 Brent January 31, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Very disappointed with this decision by Marsh. Sale prices at Marsh are generally higher than the normal prices at Meijer, Kroger, etc. I keep a spreadsheet of all my purchases and can filter how much I spend at each store. Last year I spent approximately $4,657 for all grocery and personal care items. Marsh got $779 or 16% while I spent a combined $2,476 at Meijer and Kroger (53%).

5 Kelly February 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I have always been a big Marsh supporter but this change will make my family rethink it for the values I can get right across the street at the other store with my coupons. Thanks for posting because I was just working on our shopping list. Now I am switching ads to make my menu!

6 Beth February 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

No problem! I’m worried, since Kroger stopped double coupons in Ohio today, that they’ll follow soon.

7 Paula Eytcheson February 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Wwent to Mash this evening, had no idea they wouldn’t double coupons. Didn’t realize it until after I paid. Questioned the manager about it and he told me they stopped doubling last week. I asked why, he said upper management….so guess what, I wont be shopping at Marsh anymore, unless my coupon is over .55 cents and its a good deal!

8 Beth February 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Yeah. With Meijer and Kroger doubling coupons in the area, I’m kind of shocked they did it, but it’s a decision made by headquarters. I really don’t like the sneaky way they went about it.