Indiana Deals | Yes! Essential Shopper Delivery (Free Coupon Inserts)

by Beth Montgomery on September 5, 2012 · 16 comments

in Coupons & Rebates, Freebies & Samples, Indiana

Update: This offer has expired online, but you may still subscribe by phone at 1-888-357-STAR.

If you’re Indianapolis Star subscription is expiring soon and you’re dreading paying the new higher subscription prices, I have good news! You can sign up online for the Yes! Essential Shopper. It’s delivered free (yes, I said FREE!) to your home each Sunday and includes coupon inserts and sales fliers from the Indianapolis Star.

Only non-subscribers can receive the Yes! Essential Shopper. So, if you already subscribe to the Indianapolis Star, unfortunately you’re not eligible for this offer.

**Offer valid in the following zip codes only: 46032, 46033, 46037, 46038, 46060, 46074, 46112, 46130, 46131, 46140, 46142, 46143, 46168, 46184, 46205, 46220, 46226, 46227, 46229, 46234, 46236, 46237, 46240, 46250 and 46256.  Please allow 14 days for order processing.  Order subject to deliverability.

There are many easy ways to get free stuff online if you know where to look!

All the ways to save on In Good Cents are good in Indiana, but sometimes there are Indiana deals that’s available only to Hoosiers.

More Ways to Save

1 Beth September 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I am currently a subscriber to the Star (looking to get out), but went ahead and tried to sign up for this offer. After I had input my information I got a message that said “Thank you. Your information has been received.”. Didn’t get a message saying I wouldn’t be eligible but also didn’t get a message saying that I would receive it. So not sure what to expect now. Do you know if you automatically get a message saying that you aren’t eligible after you input your info (if you are currently a subscriber)? Subscription is under my husband’s name and I put in request for Essential Shopper under my name. Not sure if that would make a difference? Our address is the same…

2 Beth September 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Beth, it doesn’t give you a message saying you aren’t eligible. Typically, if you sign up and your address already gets the paper, you just don’t receive it or they may be calling/emailing you to tell you that you aren’t eligible. You are welcome for the information though!

3 Beth September 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM

P.S. Should have added this to my initial comment above, but thanks for providing this info on the Essential Shopper! Happy to find something that might let me cut out my print Star subscription altogether. I was only hanging on for the Sunday coupons…

4 Rebeca @ The Average Parent September 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM

when I click on the link, it says that the offer has expired.

5 Beth September 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Rebeca, If you call them, you can subscribe by phone still, assuming you are in the correct zip code.

6 Heidi September 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Hi, Beth. I called today and tried to subscribe to this (after attempting online), and they told me the only way to subscribe to this HAD to include the Sunday paper and would cost $12 a month. I told them over and over that I all I wanted was the FREE subscription to the Yes! Essential Shopper, but they were not going to offer that to me. Any suggestions????

7 Lori C. September 6, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Thanks for letting me know about this! I had cancelled my Star Subscription a couple weeks ago and was bumming out about missing the coupons, but it was just going to be too expensive.

I just called and believe I got it the free ads set up. Here’s what I did: at the first prompt, say “something else.” At the next prompt, say “representative.”

I had to give my phone number with area code and confirm my address. Then I said a friend told me about a free subscription to “Yes, Essential Shopper” and I wondered if it was still available.

She had me on hold for quite a while as she was checking things and then said she was sending an email to “that department” to get me setup.

My fingers are crossed that it worked and I’ll be getting the subscription soon!

8 Beth September 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

If they gave it to you on the phone, you should be getting it soon. They have the ability to tell you if it’s not available in my area. Many homes in my neighborhood get it, along with my mother-in-law. Thanks for the how-to. I’m sure others will appreciate that, because shutting down that page caused some confusion!

9 Heidi September 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM

So, I just called again and was almost signed up when I was put on hold. She came back and told me it was not available in my area (zip 46060). I then asked where it was available, and she continued to say that it was going to be discontinued altogether. Hmmmm…..

10 Stacey September 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I’ve been wanting to get out of my subscription too, but hoped to find a way to still get the coupons/sale inserts. From all the comments above, it doesn’t sound like this offer is going to work, but I may still try.

I imagine that the retailers that send out the inserts pay the Star enough to make it worth their while to get these to people that want them, but they don’t seem to want to make it work for us!

11 Ron Bailey January 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM

You are putting this paper in our apartment community hallways and our staff has to pick them up. This must stop!!!

12 Beth January 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Ron, I’m not associated with the Yes! Essential Shopper Guide. I was just sharing it with my readers. You’ll have to contact the Indianapolis Star if you are having issues.

13 shawn March 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I am sick of seeing your papers lying around in the neighborhood that I live in. It is aggressive littering and it makes the neighborhood look like trash. I am going to find a way to stop you guys from distributing your papers, because it is obvious to me that very few people want and use your paper. It is amazing to me that your delivery people see that a yard has 30 unused papers just sitting around and they still feel it appropriate to add another one to the trash collection, because that is what people think of your paper is trash. Please stop this nonsense and find a better way to get your product out to the masses….like I don’t know the internet maybe??????

14 Beth Montgomery March 2, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Shawn, In Good Cents does not deliver any papers. We were simply writing an article about the paper. I suggest you contact the Indianapolis Star who owns and distributes the Yes! Essential Shopper Guide or your local newspaper, if you aren’t in the Indianapolis area. Good luck.

15 Beth September 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Hmm… that’s odd, considering the company that owns the Indianapolis Star gave me the details. Thanks for the update Heidi. I’ll keep watch and let everyone know if I hear anything about it.

16 Heidi September 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Thanks Beth! I am so frustrated with them! It seems other people keep getting signed up, but for some reason I have been denied twice!:)