UPDATE: This contest is over. The winners are Sarah & Christine! Congratulations.
This post is part of the Indiana Summer Fun 2012 series. Be sure to check out all the ways to enjoy Indiana in true frugal fashion this summer!
One event I look forward to each summer is Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie. I love listening to live orchestra music, but my kids can’t sit through a night at the symphony. Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie changes that, because there is so much going on all around the kids, they can’t help but be entertained.Image Courtesy of Conner Prairie
Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie is a far cry from sitting in a stuffy orchestra hall and quietly listening to music, though you still get the enjoyment of listening to the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
Actors and Conner Prairie staff get into character adding flair to the concert by acting out scenes related to the music. You’re encouraged to get up an dance. You can talk with friends, get up and run around, and browse the tables of the sponsors nearby.2011 Star Spangled Concert Actors
While you can book a private table, purchase food at the concession stand, or opt for on-site catering, we prefer to bring a our lawn chairs and a blanket for the children. We tote along drinks in a cooler and a picnic dinner, complete with dessert, and enjoy it while taking in all that’s happening around us.Enjoy a picnic while listening to the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Single Adult Ticket
- Pre-Purchase at Marsh: $22
- At Gate: $27
- Single Adult Ticket for Star Spangled Symphony
- Pre-Purchase at Marsh: $27
- At Gate: $30
- Single Child Ticket
- Pre-Purchase at Marsh: $11
- At Gate: $13
**All concerts begin at 8:00 PM. Not all concerts are performed by the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
- June 29 & 30: The Music of the Queen
- July 2, 3, & 4: Star Spangled Symphony
- July 6 & 7: Disco at the Symphony – A Tribute to the Bee Gees
- July 13 & 14: The ISO Goes Global – The Music of Our Sister Cities
- July 20 & 21: The Best of Broadway
- July 27 & 28: Glenn Miller Orchestra with the ISO
- August 3 & 4: An Evening with Don McLean
- August 10 & 11: Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons
- August 17 & 18: The Classical Mystery Tour – A Tribute to The Beatles
- August 24 & 25: Diamond Rio
- August 30 & 31: The Contours – 50 Years of Motown!
- September 1 & 2: Jon McLaughlin
- September 7 & 8: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Why We Love Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie
Why it’s great for families: Parents can enjoy symphony music without fear that their kids will disrupt others around them.
What we love most: The Star Spangled Concert complete with fireworks set to the music, cannon fire, and marching. It’s the most beautiful way to enjoy the 4th of July.
Our Tips for a Successful Visit
Tips for Children: Bring entertainment. Kids often throw balls, blow bubbles, and
run around in the nearby grassy area. The playground is closed during the concert, but they still don’t have to sit if they get a little antsy. Bring a blanket, so they can lay and roll around.
Tips for Adults: Bring chairs. Sitting on the ground is an option, but not a comfortable one. Plus, you’ll have a much better view of the stage if you’re up higher.
Ways to Save
- Bring a picnic to enjoy on the lawn to save on food costs.
- Pre-purchase discount tickets at Marsh.
- Parking at Conner Prairie is FREE.
- Skip the Star Spangled Symphony. While it’s our favorite, it’s also the most expensive, and others are just as nice, but less crowded.
Plan a Visit
|Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie
Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
13400 Allisonville Road
Fishers, Indiana 46038Phone: (800)966-1836
|Fan & Follow|
Enter to Win
Two (2) lucky In Good Cents readers will win one (1) FREE Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie prize pack valued at $54 that includes:
- (2) Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie Complimentary Admission Tickets (Value: $27 each)
**eMail and RSS subscribers must visit this post to enter for a chance to win. Entries by email will not be accepted.
Enter to Win
This giveaway is open to Indiana residents only.
Leave one (1) comment for each entry. Each entry is worth one (1) entry, for a total of up to (6) six possible entries. Entries will be confirmed before a winner is selected and announced.
Required Entry Question
1. REQUIRED ENTRY: Which Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie concert event do you think your family would enjoy most?
Bonus Entry Methods (OPTIONAL)
1. Subscribe to my FREE daily deal newsletter via email or RSS feed reader and confirm your subscription. Once your a subscriber, leave a comment letting me know you’re getting your dose of daily deals.
2. “Like” In Good Cents on Facebook. Leave a comment to let us know.
3. “Like” Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie on Facebook. Leave a comment to let us know. While it’s not required, feel free to leave a comment on their wall, letting them know you found them on In Good Cents and/or thank them for this wonderful opportunity!
Enjoy @MarshGrocery Symphony on the Prairie at @ConnerPrairie for #SummerFun in #Indiana. #EntertoWin via @InGoodCents http://igcgo.com/MPFhV9 #Giveaway
5. Pin it! Pin this giveaway to one of your Pinterest boards. Leave a comment to let us know you pinned it.
Entries will be accepted from now until 11:59 PM Eastern on Saturday, June 30, 2012. Winners will be chosen at random and notified by email.
Official Rules and Small Print: This is a game of chance. Your entry will have the same chance to win as every other entry. A winner will not be revealed until the sweepstakes ends. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. Purchases with In Good Cents and/or Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie will not increase your chances of winning. Must be a legal Indiana Resident and 18 years of age or older to enter and have a valid mailing address within the state. Limit of one (1) entry per entry method per person. Duplicate entries will be void. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries visible below. Employees of In Good Cents, LLC and/or Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie are not eligible for participation. Prizes must be accepted as is and are not redeemable for cash. In Good Cents, LLC and Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie are not liable for any injury or damages to person and/or things as a result of the acceptance of the prize offered. Void where prohibited. Winner is responsible for any taxes and/or fees that may result from winning. For a full set of sweepstake rules, please read the full terms & conditions.