What is the Frugal Event Calendar?
The Frugal Event Calendar is a calendar of frugal events in the Indiana area, including nationwide events, consisting of workshops, classes, festivals, consignments sales, and more.
- Consignment Sales: Consignment sales at local churches, organizations, and around town.
- Family Fun: Festivals, parades, workshops, and more fun for the whole family.
- Fun for Pets: Frugal events for our fuzzier family members.
- Garage Sales: Neighborhood and local garage sales.
- Grown-Up Fun: Frugal fun for grown-ups, like wine tastings, workshops, and more that aren’t exactly kid friendly.
- Just for Kids: Events that just are just for kids, like workshops, vacation bible camps, and more.
- Teen Fun: Events for teens (and pre-teens), like church lock-ins and more.
- Other: Everything else that doesn’t quite fit into our other categories.
How to Add an Event
Adding an event is as easy as filling out the fields with information about the event, but the better (and more complete) the information is, the quicker we can approve your addition, so it will be visible to readers.
- Visit the Submit an Event page.
- Enter the Event Title, plus city in parenthesis like “Mother’s Day Tea Party (Carmel)”
- Add an Event Description using plain text or HTML code.
- Check the Event Category that best fits your event. Only check one!
- If applicable, upload an Event Image that is less than 300 x 250 pixels.
- Enter the Event Time & Date.
- If this is an “All day event?“, check the box.
- Enter the Start Date/Time.
- Enter the End Date/Time.
- If the event reoccurs, enter the Recurrence.
- Enter the Event Location Details. Many event locations are already in our database, so check the drop down first to find an event location. Select the event to automatically fill in all the necessary information. If the location is not found, you may add the venue. Make sure to fill out as much information as possible, since the venue will be kept on file and may be reused in the future.
- Enter the Event Organizer Details, which is the group or organization organizing the event. This may be the same as the event location and that’s okay. Again, many event organizers are already in our database, so check the drop down first to find an event organizer. Select the event to automatically fill in all the necessary information. If the organizer is not found, you may add the organizer. Make sure to fill out as much information as possible, since the organizer will be kept on file and may be reused in the future
- Fill in the Event Custom Fields.
- Check any Restrictions that may apply.
- Enter your name and email address (these will not be published, but will only be used if we have questions).
- Fill in the Event Cost. You may enter FREE or any dollar amount. If the event cost includes multi-level pricing, you may enter this in the Event Description and simply put “See Details” in this field.
- And finally, check the box to confirm you are not an Evil Spammer!
- Submit Event!
Events are automatically added to the Frugal Event Calendar, but will not be visible to the public until approved. Please be patient. It may take time to approve events, if we need to verify information submitted or add additional details.
The (not fun, but necessary) fine print: All appropriate events will be added to the Frugal Event Calendar. We reserve the right to deny events if we feel they are not a good fit with our readership or the theme of calendar. Information submitted may be edited, if necessary. Your event and the information submitted, excluding your email address and name, will be visible to public, when published. Please do not include private or personal information.