Photo Credit: Alan Cleaver
This week is flying by me and I just realized it was Wednesday and I didn’t have a topic idea for Wacky Wednesday, so I started to think about entertaining ways I’d read about people saving money.
For a laugh (and maybe a money-saving idea), I thought I’d share those fun (and crazy) ways to save money from around the internet today:
- Briana, at Bargain Briana, cut her toothpaste tubes in half when they got too empty to squeeze and used a spoon to scoop out the last bits of toothpaste before throwing away the tube. (Did you know Briana will be teaching Savings Nation classes in Indiana?)
- Zack, Coupon Dad, pitched the idea of letting him take over the grocery shopping and started extreme couponing at 14 years old to cut the family’s budget, so he could get a higher allowance during summer vacation. (For a bigger laugh, click the link to tell me if you think he photoshopped his picture.)
- Jason, Frugal Dad, watered down their skim milk when he kids started chugging down milk. My kids won’t even drink skim milk, so I think if I watered it down, I’d get some serious complaints!
- Jennifer, at Beauty and Bedlam, sniffs out (literally!) good furniture at local thrift shops. She does a very thorough smell text before buying for water damage and to see how old the furniture is (yes, she can tell that by smelling it!) (While the idea of Jennifer thoroughly smelling old furniture in the store cracks me up, I am totally green with envy at her thrift store buys, so I can only laugh so much.)
- Ruth, at But First, We Have Coffee, lived on beans and rice for a week! I’m not sure I could handle that much rice. But, Crystal, at Money Saving Mom, did it too after being inspired by Ruth!
- Amanda, Frugal Confessions, cut down the sad looking Evergreen tree in her backyard and used it as her own families Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.
Tell me a fun, crazy, wacky, or entertaining way you’ve saved money!