Looking for some frugal fun this weekend? Here’s a few free and cheap events happening nationwide and around the Central Indiana area to keep you and your family entertained without breaking the bank.
Happening This Weekend
- National Park Admission Day: National Park Free Admission Day is extended all week this year, so checkout the local parks and enjoy the outdoors for FREE! (NATIONWIDE)
- Enjoy a Play: Designed with kids in mind, stop by Perriwinkle Puppet Theater to enjoy Rumplestiltskin and the Springtime Cabaret (Indianapolis). Tickets are reasonably priced for families.
- FREE Spring Movies: Visit your local Quality Goodrich Theaters Saturday or Sunday at 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM to enjoy a FREE showing of Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. Of course, this is happening at participating locations only. (NATIONWIDE)
- Dream Awareness Weekend: The School of Metaphysics is celebrating the 24th Annual National Dream Hotline with dream experts to interpret your dreams around the clock during the Dream Awareness Weekend in Indianapolis.
- Sam’s Club Sampling Event: Half the fun of going to Sam’s Club is all the FREE samples and taste the flavors of summer and grilling season at this weekend’s Sam’s Club Free Tasting Event.
- Earth Day Festival: Enjoy the outdoors at White River State Park for the Earth Day Indiana Festival starting at 11:00 AM. At this FREE family-friendly festival, enjoy exhibits, live music, crafts, entertainment, and more!
- Spring Fling: Visit Forest Park in Noblesville for a FREE Spring Fling Family Fun Day including FREE pony rides, fire truck, and silent action for Disney Park Hopper Passes and more!
- St. Benno Festival: Taste my cousin’s delicious beer made right here in Indianapolis at the St. Benno Festival and celebrate the arrival of Spring beer with Sun King Brewery (<- that’s my cousins!) and Poklamotion!
- Terrarium Kit Workshop: Another great Lowe’s Build & Grow Workshops. Bring your child to start a Spring garden together when you make your own at the Terrarium Workshop. (NATIONWIDE)
- Fight Hunger in Your Community: Visit your local participating Walmart for the Fighting Hunger in Your Community Free Lunch Event enjoy a FREE sack lunch while supplies last while you learn more about Walmart’s fight against hunger. (NATIONWIDE)
- Budget Friendly Garden Ideas: Stop by your local Home Deport at 10:00 AM to learn about budget- and eco-friendly ideas for raised garden beds at their FREE Home Workshop. (NATIONWIDE)
- Create Entry Door Appeal & Locks: Learn about door locks and creating a beautiful entry door at Home Depot from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM at participating stores during their FREE Home Workshop. (NATIONWIDE)
- William-Sonoma Knife Sharpening Event: Stop by your local William-Sonoma for FREE demonstrations on Saturday and throughout the week. This Saturday, get FWilliams-Sonoma Free Knife Sharpening Event. (NATIONWIDE)
- Guitar Center: Recording Workshop: Visit the FREE Guitar Center: Recording Workshop this weekend from 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM where they’ll be focusing on Mixing and Publishing. (NATIONWIDE)
- Lakeshore Learning: Kids’ Craft Workshop: Don’t forget to stop by Lakeshore Learning: Kids’ Craft Workshop to create a Fancy Feathered Bird from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM or while supplies last. (NATIONWIDE)
- FREE Craft & DIY Demos: Visit your local Joann Fabric & Craft Store on Saturdays for a FREE Craft & DIY Demos. Demonstrations on how to do different crafts. Demonstrations and times may vary by location, so call. Available at participating locations only. (NATIONWIDE)
- Children’s Museum FREE Admission Day: Celebration El Dia de Los Ninos (The Day of the Children) this Sunday at the Indianapolis Children’s Museum for a special FREE Admission Day.
- FREE Juicing Class: Stop by your local William-Sonoma for a FREE Juicing Class. Times vary by location, so call for details! (NATIONWIDE)
- Understand Your Dreams: Stop by the School of Metaphysics to hear guest speaker, Dr. Laurel Clark, host a Understanding Your Dreams Free Lecture and reading form her soon-to-be-published book.
- Art in the Park: Work with teaching artists during the Art in the Park by Indianapolis Museum of Art for visitors of all age and all levels of art-making!
- Botanical Flower Arranging: Stop by your local Pottery Barn at 10:00 AM for a FREE The Art of Botanical Arranging Class and customize your own display for Mother’s Day. (NATIONWIDE)
- Power Tools for Outdoors: When you’re done with Easter festivities stop by Home Depot from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM to learn about Outdoor Power Equipment at participating stores during their FREE Home Workshop. (NATIONWIDE)
Happening Next Week
- William Sonoma Demonstration Events (FREE) (NATIONWIDE)
- Pottery Barn Kids’ Story Time (NATIONWIDE)
More Events to Check Out
Worth Checking Out
- American Girl Events: Heading to Chicago? Check out the calendar of events happening at the American Girl Store including classes, crafts, and special events.
- Anheuser-Busch Here’s to Heroes: Anheuser-Busch salutes the men and women of the armed forces and their families throughout 2012 by offering FREE admission to Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, and Sesame Place parks for up to three direct dependents if you’re heading off on vacation soon!
- Bank of America FREE Museum Admission: Bank of American offers FREE admission to over 150 museums around the United States. While there are no participating museums in Indiana, if you’re in the mood for a road trip, checkout Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois!
- Barnes & Noble FREE Storytime & Events: Stop by your local Barnes & Noble for storytime, NOOK classes, game nights, book clubs, and more. Check your local Barnes & Noble calendar for a full list of events, because they vary by location.
- Broad Ripple Art Fair Discount Tickets: There’s still time to use this exclusive coupon code to get discount Broad Ripple Art Fair tickets!
- Walmart Free Sampling Events: Walmart offers FREE sampling events nationwide. Checkout what’s going on in your area, plus see other Walmart events. Event, especially dates and times, vary by location. Here’s what’s happening this week:
- Pepsi NEXT Sampling Event
- Dole Fruit Bowls Sampling Event
- Propel Zero Powder Sampling Event
- Barilla Sauce Sampling Event
- Red Barron Hand Tossed Pizza, Dr. Pepper TEN, Hershey’s Kisses and Resse’s Miniatures Sampling Event
- Dr. Pepper TEN and Kettle Brand Baked Potato Chips Sampling Event
- Capri Sun Super V and Del Monte Diced Peaches Sampling Event
- Go-Go SqueeZ Sampling Event
Kids Eat FREE
In case you didn’t hear, the Kids Eat FREE database got a makeover this week and I’ve personally confirmed all restaurants listed to make sure it’s up to date! There are over 30 places in Indianapolis can kids eat FREE.
Check out the Kids Eat FREE database for all the places around Indianapolis kids eat FREE. Know of a restaurant in Indiana with a kids eat FREE offer that isn’t listed? Please share, so we can add it to our list!
Find More Events
Browse the Frugal Event Calendar for more frugal fun for you and your family in the Indiana area!
**Remember, event time and dates may vary by participating location. Always call to confirm. Some events are only available while supplies last.