How great to wake up and breakfast for the whole family be ready. Add coffee and juice and we are ready to eat.
This weeks recipe is brought to us by A Latte with Ott, A. (Check out her site for great recipes, tips on gardening and how to can.)
|Crock Pot Egg Casserole||
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 green or red pepper, chopped
- 1- 2 lb bag frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Spray crock pot with non stick cooking spray.
- Saute onions, garlic and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Put 1/3 hash browns in bottom of crock pot.
- Add 1/3 of the bacon, 1/3 onion mixture, 1/3 cheese.
- Repeat layers two times ending with cheese.
- In large bowl mix together eggs, milk, dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour over ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
When done temperature in middle should be 160 degrees,