|Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Recipe||
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 lb gingersnaps
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Gingerbread pie crust
- Make crumbs of ginger snaps.
- Measure out 1 2/3 cups of crumbs.
- Mix with melted butter and press into 9 inch pie pan. Set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, gelatin salt and spices in heavy sauce pan.
- Stir in milk, egg yolks and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble and gelatin is dissolved.
- Let cool to room temperature, then stir in rum.
- Chill in refrigerator until mixture thickens enough to mound slightly when dropped by spoonful.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, beat in sugar, a little at a time then beat until smooth.
- Fold egg white mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- Ladle into crust and chill until firm. (2 hours)
- Toast coconut flakes by spreading on cookie sheet and baking at 350 for 5-10 minutes until brown. (stir 1/2 way through baking)
- Sprinkle coconut over top of pie before serving.
Make sure to check out the In Good Cents Holiday Gift Guide for exclusive coupons, unique gift ideas, and chances to win!