Always a Christmas favorite.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In sauce pan, mix and heat together sugar, corn syrup and water until sugar dissolves.
- Cook over medium heat to a heard ball. (265 degrees)
- Meanwhile in large mixing bowl Beat egg whites and salt until stiff.
- Slowly pour in hot syrup, continuing to beat.
- Add Vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Beat until mixture will hold its shape.
- Drop by tsp onto cellophane.
Make sure to check out the In Good Cents Holiday Gift Guide for exclusive coupons, unique gift ideas, and chances to win!