I’m sure you have all heard the story of The Stone Soup. Well whenever I am having trouble thinking of something to make for dinner Stone Soup usually works out great. I just go through the freezer and cabinets and find whatever I can and through it in a pot.
So here is what My Stone soup consisted of tonight.
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Carton Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Pinto Beans
- 1 Can Succotash (Corn and Lima Beans)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Packets Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Elbow Pasta.
1. Cook chicken in a little water and 1/2 the broth until it falls apart easily.
2. Add the rest of the broth and everything else and let is cook for an hour or so then bring to a boil and add pasta.
3. Let it cook again for about 10 minutes.
Cooking Tips & More
You can add so many things to this to make your own creation. My Sister and I used chicken, chicken broth, a can of alfredo sauce and frozen vegetables once and it turned out great. BE CREATIVE!!! IT is a great way to clear out the cabinets of the bargains you got but haven’t used yet.
Craving more? Browse the recipe index to find more frugal, quick, and kid-friendly recipes.