- 12 Large Cucumbers
- 12 medium onions
- 3/4 cup salt
- 2 large bunches of Celery – diced
- 3 Med green peppers – diced
- 1 qt. Vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Celery Seed
- 2 Tbsp Mustard Seed
1.Peel cucmbers, remove seeds and dice. Chop onions. Put all in large bowl and add salt. Mix well. Let set covered for for 10-12 hours. Drain
2. Dice Celery and peppers.
3. Combine vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed and turmeric in large pan.
3. Add all vegetables and cook over low heat until thick and cucumbers are golden.
4. Put into sterile jars and seal at once
5. Process jars in boiling water for 5 min.
Cooking Tips & More
Makes 12 pints. You can also make this without peeling the cucumbers but you should use less. (12 cups)
Craving more? Browse the recipe index to find more frugal, quick, and kid-friendly recipes.