For a quick dinner on a busy night, my Mom used to make us hot subs. They were so good and seemed like a special treat.
Ingredients (amount of ingredients depends on number you want to serve)
- French bread
- Lunch meats or Deli meats (tuna?)
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Green pepper (chopped)
- onion (chopped)
- anything else you would like to add
1. Cut the french bread in half long ways and lay on cookie sheets.
2. On one side spread green peppers, onions and anything else. On the other side pile high with meats.
3. Top both sides with Cheese slices.
4. Bake in oven at 350 until warm and cheese is melted.
5. Slap together and cut sandwich into 4 inch sections and serve.
Cooking Tips & More
Serve with fruit salad, chips, veggie plate etc. I think a tuna melt sounds pretty good right now.
Craving more? Browse the recipe index to find more frugal, quick, and kid-friendly recipes.