This giveaway is part of the 2011 Summer Fun in Indiana series. Make sure to check out all the places to visit and ways to save on summer fun in Indiana! Enjoy your summer!
A symphony is not a place for kids. You have to sit in your seat. There’s nothing to do but listen to the music. And, it’s long. The exception is Marsh Supermarket Symphony on the Prairie.
Bring a blanket and the whole family to enjoy the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra perform in a setting that’s much more family-friendly. Kids can run around, dance, sing, or play. There’s so much going on, such as reenactments, fireworks, and more to add drama to the performance. It’s a fun way to spend your evening.
Personally, I love the orchestra, but I’m the only one in my family, so for us, Symphony on the Prairie is perfect! I get my fill of beautiful music played by an amazing orchestra and the rest of my family does suffer from boredom.
Concerts start at 8:00 PM at Conner Prairie in Fishers, Indiana.
- Adult Ticket (at Marsh): $22
- Child Ticket (at Marsh): $11
- Under 2: FREE!
This summer you can enjoy:
- July 8th: Christopher Cross with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- July 15th: Sinatra Songbook with Steve Lippia
- July 22nd: Arlo Guthri and Time for Three
- July 29th: Evening in Olde Vienna
- August 5th: The Music of Billy Joel & Elton John featuring Michael Cavanaugh
- August 11th: Classical Mystery Tour: Music of the Beatles
- August 19th: Glen Miller Orchestra
- August 26th: Lee Ann Womack’s Prairie Debut
- September 1st: Flash Cadillac is Bakc
- September 3rd: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Visit, Follow, and Fan:
Tips & Recommendations for The Whole Family:
Children: Find a spot near the back where it’s less crowded, so the little ones have room to dance, wiggle, run, and move around! The playground will be open for intermission, but in the mean time, visit the booths. There are often fun things to do and see like face painting.
Adults: Bring a picnic blanket, chairs, and cooler with refreshments. You can enjoy a glass of wine while watching the symphony. Make sure you arrive early to get a good spot. The best concerts tend to fill up quickly and you’ll end up in the back where the kids won’t be able to see!
What We Love Most: Everything that’s going on! It’s not just a concert. There’s always something to see, which keeps the little ones entertained.
Ways to Save on Your Visit:
- Bring a cooler and snacks (or dinner)!
- Save on the cost of a table by bringing chairs or a blanket.
- Parking is FREE always!
- Children under 2 are FREE!
This giveaway is limited to Indiana Residents only! Thank you.
One (1) lucky In Good Cents readers will win a FREE Symphony on the Prairie Family 4-Pack Tickets.
How to Enter
Giveaways on In Good Cents are run via survey. Comments do not count towards entry. You will receive one (1) additional entry for each completed bonus entry. Bonus entries will be confirmed before a winner is selected and announced.
There are 6 possible entries available! Here’s what you can do to enter to win:
Required Entry Question
1. REQUIRED ENTRY: Which concert would you most like to see?
Bonus Entry Method (optional)
2. “Like” In Good Cents on Facebook.
3. “Like” Marsh Supermarkets on Facebook. While it’s not required, feel free to leave a comment on their wall, letting them know you found them on In Good Cents and/or thank them for this wonderful opportunity!
Symphony on the Prairie is a concert for the whole family! #SummerFun #Indiana #Giveaway via @InGoodCents @MarshGrocery http://bit.ly/m5TkgV
5. Grab the Summer Fun in Indiana button on my sidebar and place it on your website or blog.
Entries will be accepted from now until 11:59 P.M. Eastern on Sunday, July 10, 2011. Winners are selected randomly through Random.org and announced on the In Good Cents Giveaway page. Check out all the current & past giveaways for more chances to win on In Good Cents!
Official Rules and Small Print: 1.) No purchase necessary to enter or win. 2.) Must be a valid Indiana Resident and 18 years of age or older to enter and have a valid mailing address within the sponsor’s distribution area. 3.) Limit of one (1) survey entry per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted. 4.) Odds of winning depend on the number of entries. 5.) Employees of In Good Cents, LLC and/or sponsoring company are not eligible for participation. 6.) Prizes must be accepted as is and are not redeemable for cash. 7.) In Good Cents, LLC and the sponsoring company are not liable for any injury or damages to person and/or things as a result of the acceptance of the prize offered. 8.) Void where prohibited. 9.) Winner is responsible for any taxes and/or fees that may result from winning. 10.) Limited to residents of the state of Indiana.
Disclosure: Sponsored by Marsh Supermarket and conducted by In Good Cents. I did not receive payment. I did receive products for review. However, as always, all opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. For more information, check out my disclosure policy. This giveaway is not associated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Facebook or Twitter.