This giveaway is part of the 2011 Summer Fun in Indiana series. Make sure to check out all the places to visit and ways to save on summer fun in Indiana! Enjoy your summer!
We love to visit the Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, especially since it’s so close to our home. Many think it’s just for summer. It’s not. We use our membership all year around!
If you’ve never been, Conner Prairie is like stepping back in time. The Park is dedicated to letting families experience life long ago, along with some very famous events in history, first hand.
In the summer, we explore outside. We visit the animals, talk to the locals, and experience life a long time ago. On rainy days and in the winter, we hang out inside, where you’ll find so much for your little ones to explore and experience. They can dress up, milk a (pretend) cow, build, and play.
We really love to visit on days with special events and this summer you can experience the 1863 Civil War Journey! Experience first-hand the events that led to the Civil War and the only battle that took place on Indiana soil in celebration of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. Did you realize Indiana was invaded by 2,400 Confederate soldiers on July, 1863?
My oldest daughter and I love learning about history and it’s so much more fun at Conner Prairie!
Visit, Follow, and Fan:
Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
13400 Allisonville Road
Fishers, Indiana 46038
Why it’s a great place for families: Conner Prairie is both educational and fun. It’s great for little ones, who often learn better by interacting, touching, and experiencing new things. But it’s also fun for older kids and adults as well!
Must-See Attraction: 1859 Balloon Voyage
Tips & Recommendations for The Whole Family:
Babies, & Toddlers: You’ll be walking a lot, so bring a stroller. The path through the park is wide and great for strollers. However, keep in mind that many of the homes and attractions have stairs, are small, and not so stroller friendly. It’s a good idea to bring a sling or carrier for back up.
Toddlers & Preschoolers: Make sure you check out the animals throughout the park. You’ll find pigs, horses, sheep, cows, and more in various areas throughout the park. You’ll even be able to pet many of them!
For Everyone: You’ll be outside for most of your visit, so remember lots of water and sunscreen on hot, sunny days.
What We Love Most: The piglets! Make sure you stop by the Golden Eagle Inn. They have pigs nearby and often you’ll see adorable little piglets running around as well. We also love to visit Dr. Campbell’s Home to talk with him about being a doctor in the 19th century. He knows a lot and has some fun stories! Plus, the people in Prairietown, often send the kids on errands to other homes to deliver messages. My kids take it so seriously, but love it.
Ways to Save on Your Visit:
- Parking is FREE!
- Visit Ricker’s Convenience Stores for a $5 off The Balloon Voyage
- Get admission coupons in the Entertainment Book, Indy’s Child, & Visit Indiana
- Bring a lunch and enjoy it at one of the picnic tables
- Invest in a membership if you plan on visiting multiple times
- Conner Prairie participates in the Access Pass Program, allowing families who qualify to visit for as little as $1 per family member
This giveaway is limited to Indiana Residents only! Thank you.
One (1) lucky In Good Cents readers will win a FREE Basic Family Membership including:
- FREE, unlimited daytime general admission for two adults and dependent children age 21 and under
- FREE parking
- Discount balloon flight tickets for 1859 Balloon Voyage
- 10% discounts in the Conner Prairie Store and CafÃƒ © on the Common
- FREE admission to Civil War Days, Glorious Fourth & Country Fair
- FREE admission to Headless Horseman on select nights
- FREE members’ magazine, events guides and Enews
- Discounts on summer day camps and programs including Hearthside Suppers, Follow the North Star, Prairie Tykes and more
- Discounts at 250 history museums across the country
- Discounts on summer day camps
How to Enter
Giveaways on In Good Cents are run via survey. Comments do not count towards entry. You will receive one (1) additional entry for each completed bonus entry. Bonus entries will be confirmed before a winner is selected and announced.
There are 6 possible entries available! Here’s what you can do to enter to win:
Required Entry Question
1. REQUIRED ENTRY: What is your favorite historical event or time in history and why?
Bonus Entry Method (optional)
2. “Like” In Good Cents on Facebook.
3. “Like” Conner Prairie on Facebook. While it’s not required, feel free to leave a comment on their wall, letting them know you found them on In Good Cents and/or thank them for this wonderful opportunity!
Experience history first hand at @ConnerPrairie #Win #SummerFun #Indiana #Giveaway via @InGoodCents http://bit.ly/k5I473
5. Grab the Summer Fun in Indiana button on my sidebar and place it on your website or blog.
Entries will be accepted from now until 11:59 P.M. Eastern on Saturday, June 18, 2011. Winners are selected randomly through Random.org and announced on the In Good Cents Giveaway page. Check out all the current & past giveaways for more chances to win on In Good Cents!
Official Rules and Small Print: 1.) No purchase necessary to enter or win. 2.) Must be a valid Indiana Resident and 18 years of age or older to enter and have a valid mailing address within the sponsor’s distribution area. 3.) Limit of one (1) survey entry per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted. 4.) Odds of winning depend on the number of entries. 5.) Employees of In Good Cents, LLC and/or sponsoring company are not eligible for participation. 6.) Prizes must be accepted as is and are not redeemable for cash. 7.) In Good Cents, LLC and the sponsoring company are not liable for any injury or damages to person and/or things as a result of the acceptance of the prize offered. 8.) Void where prohibited. 9.) Winner is responsible for any taxes and/or fees that may result from winning. 10.) Limited to residents of the state of Indiana.
Disclosure: Sponsored by Ccnner Prairie and conducted by In Good Cents. I did not receive payment.. I did receive products for review. However, as always, all opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. For more information, check out my disclosure policy. This giveaway is not associated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Facebook or Twitter.