- 2/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Old Fashion Oatmeal (not instant!)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3/4 Cup Butter (soften)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Peanut Butter Cups (optional, chopped)
- 2/3 Cup Walnuts (optional, chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat butter and peanut butter until well blended. Add sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix.
3. Beat egg and vanilla. Add to mixture and stir until well blended.
4. Add oats and fold in gently.
5. Add peanut butter cups and walnuts. Fold in gently.
6. Drop onto an ungreased baking sheet and baked for about 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool on wire racks. These are delicious when warm, especially with vanilla ice cream.
Cooking Tips & More
Double the batch and freeze half for later. Flash freeze on the cookie try, then when frozen, remove and place in a freezer bag for long term storage. Find out more about freezing foods to save time and money!
You can replace the walnuts and peanut butter cups with many things like:
- chocolate chips
- M&M candies
- peanut butter chips
- dried cranberries
- Heath Bar (chopped)
- or your favorite!
This recipe was adapted from Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
Craving more? Browse the recipe index to find more frugal, quick, and kid-friendly recipes.