Mother’s Day is just around the corner, so, if you’re still searching for the perfect gift, here’s a few suggestions:
Creative & Frugal Ideas
- Themed Gift Basket: Pick up a basket at Goodwill for as low as $0.99 and fill it for Mom. Think of a theme and get creative. For example, a Spa Night Basket could be filled with shampoo and conditioner freebies or samples from your stockpile, $0.99 nail polish or bath sponge, etc…
- Mom’s Movie Night: Find a movie from when Mom was younger, hopefully one of her favorites. Curl up on the couch with popcorn, sweets, nachos, pizza, or whatever you enjoy and giggle together while you enjoy the movie.
- Family Picnic & Outdoor Fun: Pack a picnic basket or bag and take Mom outside for some family fun, plus the gift of her not doing the cooking! You can head to a park to hike, play Frisbee, or whatever you enjoy. Hopefully the weather cooperates!
- Mom’s Game Night: Hang out together and play Mom’s favorite board or card games. Maybe even make her a nice prize, even if she doesn’t win the family tournament.
- Crafts from Kids: As a Mom, I can tell you that there is nothing I love more than handmade gift from my little ones. Stories written by them, cards crafted by their little hands, oddly shaped ceramics, handprints to remember how little they were, etc… They are my favorite gifts!
- Flowers for the Garden: While bouquets can get a bit expensive, flowers from a Garden Store to plant in the garden run as low as $0.99! Pick up a few to add color to her garden. My Mom asked for for flowers for her garden every Mother’s Day for years.
- Pampering at Home: Instead of buying a massage, pamper Mom at home. Fill the tub with warm water and her favorite scents. Hand her a good book. And, let her soak while you make her breakfast or cookies. Or, for daughters, have a home spa day and pamper yourselves together!
- Clean! Send her out or let her curl up and read, while you clean the house from top to bottom. Trust me. I wish for this gift every year.
- Time: Your time! The world seem so busy these days with everyone running in different directions. Simply spend the day together. And, try to be on your best behavior for her!
For Fellow Hoosiers
- Marsh’s Symphony on the Prairie Discount Tickets (available at Marsh!)
- FREE Admission to the Indianapolis Museum of Art, Gardens, and Lilly House
For Frugal Moms
- All You Magazine Subscription: $0.86 per Issue!
- Entertainment Book Only $15 + FREE Shipping
- Up to 50% off Local Newspaper Subscription
- $25 Restaurant.com Gift Certificate for only $2 (50% Cash Back on e-Bates on 5/8/11 only!)
- Up to 25% off FTD Mother’s Day Gift & Flower Purchases
- Up to 15% off 1-800-Flowers + 30% Cash Back on e-Bates tomorrow (5/5/11) only!
For Contemporary Moms
- Elle Magazine 1- Year Subscription: $5
- Harper’s Bazaar 1-Year Subscription: $5
- Woman’s Day 1-Year Subscription: $5
- Marie Claire 1-Year Subscription: $5
- Redbook 2-Year Subscription: $5
More Gift Ideas for Mom
- Parenting Early Years 1-Year Subscription: $4.97
- Parenting School Years 1-Year Subscription: $5
- Town & Country 1-Year Subscription: $5
- Fandango e-Gift Card for Movie Tickets
What will you be giving your Mom this Mother’s Day?