Meal Plan Monday is hosted by Organizing Junkie, so head over to her site to link-up your meal plan!
I had a tiny bit of organic cooked chicken leftover last night from another meal, but not enough to make a meal for our whole family. To save some money and extend that chicken, I mixed it with a bit of organic tofu to make chicken tacos. My family didn’t even notice the difference until I told them. In fact, my picky kids at two tacos. They loved that I set out all the toppings, so they got to make their own. Letting them make their own, always helps us avoid those fun fights at the table about finishing (or at least starting) your meal.
I’m going to use the rest of that tofu later this week. I like tofu, but I hate the texture. I always need to mask it, so I don’t feel it. Any great tofu recipe recommendations?
Cost of Organic Chicken: $2.69/lb. (on sale)
Cost of Organic Tofu: $1.59 per package
- Chicken & Tofu Tacos with Rice & Steamed Veggies
- Hot Dogs w/ Peas and Strawberries
- Tomato & Cucumber Chicken w/ Rolls, Cheesy Noodles, & Steamed Veggies
- Vegetable Stir-Fry w/ Vegetable Fried Rice & Spring Rolls
- Tofu Lasagna w/ Garlic Bread & Side Salad
- Sloppy Joes w/ Baked Potatoes & Stuffed Mushrooms
- Salad Night
I’m a nut who forgot about Easter Dinner. We’ll be spending that at our in-laws, so looks like I planned an extra meal for next week!