April 15, 2011
It’s Friday, Hoosiers! Here’s a few deals just for you.
- Race for the Cure: It’s Race for the Cure Weekend, which means downtown will be crazy! Many places are offering discounts downtown for race participants, so make sure you check them out to save on breakfast before and lunch after the race, or some other treat for yourself and friends!
- FREE Romanesque Revival Landmark Open House: Enjoy family activities, music, and more at the FREE Romanesque Revival Open House, plus FREE admission to Morris-Buttler House next door. Check it out on Sunday, April 17, 2011 from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- FREE Indianapolis Museum of Art Admission: Okay, I’m a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I didn’t realize that admission to the Indianapolis Art Museum is always FREE, except for special exhibitions. Is thi new or was I just living in my own world and totally oblivious?!? Plus, admission is also FREE at Lilly ouse the gardens and grounds, and The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park.
- Call-A-Pacer: FREE Storytime Read by a Pacer: Check out the Indianapolis Marion County Public Library or a schedule of Call-a-Pacer FREE storytimes. Then, simply call 275-4444 to hear the current story. Right now, you can enjoy Bubba and Beau Best Friends by Gile Andreae and read by Darren Collision. Starting April 18, check out I am Not Going to Get up Today! by Dr. Suess and read by Josh McRoberts.
- FREE Pottery Workshop for Kids: The Indianapolis Central Library is hosting a FREE Pottery Workshop for Kids tomorrow, April 16 at 1:00 PM. The event is designed for children 6-14. Each child will get to take home a raw clay pot. Call to register : 274:4100! This event will also be hosted at other branches through June 23. You may want to check to see if one is closer to you!
- FREE Indianapolis Earth Day Celebration: Don’t forget about the FREE Earth Day Festival at White River State Park on April 23, 2011 from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, for some frugal earth-friendly family fun!