Meal Plan Monday is hosted by Organizing Junkie, so head over to her site to link-up your meal plan!
Yesterday, I used the green peppers and cabbage I got to slow cook stuffed green peppers and stuffed cabbage rolls. I doubled up each meal using the recipe below, making four meals in my very large crockpot. Two of which I’ll be using this week and two that I’m going to hold onto for a later date. It worked perfectly, since I simply used the same recipe to make the stuffing.
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Pound Ground Hamburger, Chicken, or Turkey
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 Cup Diced Green Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
Mix ingredients in a large bowl. For cabbage rolls, boil approximately 12 leaves for 2 minutes to soften. Cool, then place stuffing in leaves and roll with 2-3 leaves each. Use toothpicks to hold close. For green peppers, cut the top off, then fill with the stuffing.
Place in a crockpot. Mix 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of water, 1 TBSP of brown sugar and 1 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce. Pour on top and heat on low for approximately 8 hours. As an alternative, you can top with pasta sauce or tomatoes sauce. For a quicker meal, bake in the oven for at 350 for approximately 20 minutes. Top with cheese before serving, if desired.
- Diced Bananas with Yogurt and Cinnamon Toast
- Scrambled Eggs w/ Turkey Bacon & Toast
- Smoothies with Diced Apples & Oatmeal
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Waffles with (from the freezer)
- Blueberry Muffins w/ Yogurt (from the freezer)
- Cereal & Milk
- Cereal & Milk
- Peanut Butter & Jelly w/ Cottage Cheese & Apple Slices
- Cereal-Baked Chicken Nuggets w/ Baked French Fries & Mixed Fruit (from the freezer)
- Crackers with Cheese, Raw Veggies with Dip, and Applesauce
- Chicken Sandwiches with Cheese Slices and Raw Veggies (leftover from Rotisserie Chicken)
- Slow-Cooked Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Slow-Cooked Stuffed Green Peppers
- Individual Make-Your-Own Pizza’s (The girls are begging to do this again and we doubled our pizza dough recipe last week to freeze, so we are!)
- Cheese Quesadillas with Dirty Rice and Beans
- Slow-Cooked Beef Manhattans with Mash Potatoes
- Rotisserie Chicken w/ Steamed Vegetables and Fruit Salad
- Salad Night