It’s Christmas morning and I’m already up! My kids jumped in bed with my husband and I, like every year, at a time that’s so ridiculously early that it shouldn’t actually exist. And, eagerly, we got up to crowd around the tree and watch them get so flushed with excitement over simple gifts like puzzles and classic board games.
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays and favorite times of the year. And this year is perfect with snow covering the ground. So, I plan to enjoy it completely.
To all my amazing readers… I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! For you, my wish on this day is that you:
- Wake up unrealistically early too, giddy with excitement (and then take a long nap later to recoup).
- Enjoy time with your family and friends!
- Indulge in too much ham, mash potatoes, green bean salad, or whatever you’ll be enjoying.
- Top it off with a little too much chocolate, candy, cookies, and pie.
- Laugh until your sides hurt.
- Act a bit childish playing in the snow, board games with your family, or whatever you love.
- Watch the endless Christmas movies available on television and share the classics with your children.
- Let your house go for the day. Let the wrapping paper bury the carpet, toys flood out of the playroom, and dishes pile up in the sink. It will still be there tomorrow for you to clean.
- Kiss your spouse (a few times), hug your friends and family, and snuggle with your children (a lot).
- Give selflessly to others and enjoy watching them delight in your gifts.
I’ll be back tomorrow with the Deals at Target for you, but until then, I’m taking the day off to enjoy this wonderful holiday myself (and doing all of the above!).