This makes a wonderful gift for a neighbor or co-worker, or a delicious treat at home for the holidays!
- 3 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 TSP Cinnamon Flavoring (or your favorite flavor)
- Powdered Sugar
- Red Food Coloring (or color of your choice)
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, and water in a large sauce pan and heat over medium heat until sugar disolves and the mixture is well blended.
- Boil and DO NOT stir, until the mixture reaches a temperature of 310 degrees.
- Remove from heat and let cool until boiling stops.
- Mix in cinnamon and food coloring.
- Poor into a cookie sheet that is lightly dusted with powdered sugar and allow to cool completely.
- Now the fun part – break it into pieces. Use a hammer or drop the cookie tray to crack it into uneven broken pieces.
Tip – You can use other flavors and food coloring with this recipe to make other flavors – watermelon, butterscotch, cherry, lime, cotton candy, etc…
In the holiday spirit? In Good Cents is releasing 25 Days of Holiday Recipes through December 25th. Keep watch for delicious desserts, comforting side dishes, and Christmas favorites. Add them to your recipe box!