Fun, easy and tasty!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raw spanish peanuts
- 1 teas salt
- 1 teas butter
- 1/2 teas baking soda
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in sauce pan. Cook slowly until sugar disolves and mixture forms a soft ball. (15-20 min)
- Add peanuts and salt. Cook until mixture hardens slightly. (20-30 min) stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter and baking soda. Stir
- Pour evenly into well greased shallow pan. (ie Cookie sheet)
- Cool partially, turn over when firm.
- When completely cool breakinto about 2-3 dozen peices.
In the holiday spirit? In Good Cents is releasing 25 Days of Holiday Recipes through December 25th. Keep watch for delicious desserts, comforting side dishes, and Christmas favorites. Add them to your recipe box!