Love cream soup? This recipe will serve as a base for all your favorites from Chicken to Mushroom and everything in between. It’s another favorite from Grandma Eileen’s kitchen.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
1. In medium sauce pan, saute onions and celery in the margarine until tender
2. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. cook 1 minute, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly
3. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. (DO NOT BOIL)
This base can be used to make many different soups. It can also be frozen for future use.
Broccoli Cream soup
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 recipe of soup base (above)
Stir Broccoli, lemon juice and garlic powder into the soup base. Heat gently, do not boil.
Cauliflower Cream Soup
- 2 cups frozen Cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 recipe of cream soup base (above)
Stir Cauliflower and dill weed into soup base. Heat gently, do not boil
Craving more? Browse the recipe index to find more frugal, quick, and kid-friendly recipes!
How to Link: Have a great recipe to share? Just link it below with the your blog name and the recipe name like: In Good Cents: Malted-Milk Muffins. Thanks.
Don’t have a blog, but love to cook? Share recipes by leaving a comment! Or, guest blog as a Guest Chef!