My Grandma Eileen used to work during the winter making everything from candy to Hot Chocolate Mix. I remember her counters covered with parchment paper filled with rows of delicious cookies topped with Hershey Kisses and thin peanut brittle that I couldn’t stop sneaking.
Her Hot Chocolate Mix is one of my favorites, because it’s great for kids who just came in from the snow, adults who want to curl up on a cold night, and friends who you think deserve a little treat.
- 1 Package powdered instant milk (8qt size)
- 1 pound box Nestles quick
- 6oz Coffeemate
- 1 pound powdered sugar
1. Mix all ingredients together and store in air tight container.
2. To serve mix 1/3 cup mix to 1 cup hot water. Stir and enjoy.
3. This mix will also make a great gift. Just fill a Mason jar 3/4 full of Mix and add miniature marshmallows to fill the jar. Decorate with square of fabric and a ribbon.
Craving more? Browse the recipe index to find more frugal, quick, and kid-friendly recipes!
How to Link: Have a great recipe to share? Just link it below with the your blog name and the recipe name like: In Good Cents: Malted-Milk Muffins. Thanks.
Don’t have a blog, but love to cook? Share recipes by leaving a comment! Or, guest blog as a Guest Chef!