- 2 loaves of bread
- 2 dozen eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- cinnamon & sugar (if desired)
1. Slice your bread into small sticks and allow to sit out for approximately 1-2 hours so it will harden.
2. Whisk the vanilla, cinnamon, milk, and eggs in a bowl.
3. Spray a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium.
4. Dip bread into mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar (if desired).
5. Cook on both sides until golden brown and until it’s no longer soggy.
6. Place on a paper towel to cool.
7. Flash freeze on a cookie tray, then put into baggies for long-term storage.
8. When ready, bake in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes or zap them in the microwave for a minute.
Cooking Tips & More
Try these with peanut butter and a light coat of syrup or jam.
Craving more? Browse the recipe index to find more frugal, quick, and kid-friendly recipes!
How to Link: Have a great recipe to share? Just link it below with the your blog name and the recipe name like: In Good Cents: Malted-Milk Muffins. Thanks.
Don’t have a blog, but love to cook? Share recipes by leaving a comment! Or, guest blog as a Guest Chef!