What is Groupon?
Groupon is a social shopping site that offers deals from local businesses. Groupon is the place to save on family fun, pampering yourself, or being generous! You can find everything from movie tickets to spa services, hair cuts to restaurants, and so much more. It’s a wonderful way to get deals on things your family loves and to try new things.
Groupon has to be my favorite social shopping site, though Eversave is a close second. I’ve used it to purchase my husband a 1-hour massage, my sister-in-law a family pass to Ben & Ari’s, and us passes to Snapperz, plus so much more.
What do you need to know?
1. Groupon has a new day every day and each deal lasts only 24 hours!
2. Groupon offers group discounts to individuals, so when companies contract, they agree to the discount price if a certain amount of people purchase the deal. If not enough people make the purchase, the deal is off and you will not be charged.
3. Each Groupon is only good for the person who makes the purchase, but you can buy Groupons as a gift for friends.
4. There are offen limits on deals, such as 1 per person, but you can often buy multiple as gifts.
5. Make sure to check the offer’s exact location! For example, if a restaurant offers a deal and there are many locations in your area, the Groupon may still only be good at one or select loctions.
How do I make a purchase?
1. Check out Groupon’s Today’s Deal and click “Buy!”
2. Complete the payment information. Your credit card will be authorized, so you may see a hold appear to let them know your credit card is valid.
3. Once the minimum number of people purchase the deal, your credit card will be charged.
4. If, for some reason, Groupon does not reach the required minimum number of purchases, the deal is canceled and your credit card will not be charged.
Today’s Deal (Indianapolis, September 1, 2010) –
Love Ritter’s? I do! You can get $6 worth of frozen custard for $3 today only. And, this deal is already on, so enjoy 50% off your favorite Ritter’s treat.
Offer good at Brookschool Road and Shadeland Avenue locations only. Groupon expires in one year. Limit 1 per person. Limit 4 gifts per person. Tax is not included.
For more on Social Shopping, read Understanding Social Shopping – Getting Started & Tips!