This is Challenge #11, sponsored by CVS, in the 90-Day Budget Boot Camp.. Scroll down to find out how to enter their exciting giveaway! If you’re new, find out how you can join to kick your own budget’s butt!
Are you ready for the next challenge in the 90-Day Budget Boot Camp? Here it is!
- – The Challenge – -
One of the tricks many of us deal seekers and coupon pros use it rolling our rewards. What does that mean? Well, when we go into CVS to pick up shampoo and for our purchase, we get Extra Care Bucks, we use them wisely. Instead of going back in and splurging on that $50 hair straightener, we use it later to purchase something we need that will also produce Extra Care Bucks, helping us stick to our budget.
To best understand it, it helps to see it in action, so check out my YouTube video about rolling rewards.
Rolling rewards can be both rewarding and stressful to many newbie couponers. Here’s my top 5 tips for rolling stress free -
- The goal is to save, not to become an Extra Care Buck millionaire. If you need formula, but it doesn’t produce more Extra Care Bucks, that’s okay! You’re still saving on something you need and helping your budget.
- Plan your transaction before you go to the store, but also add a few things you’d buy if something is sold out or unavailable.
- Know your store. Make sure you know when your reward expires, how you can redeem it, and the stores policies, so you don’t end up losing your reward without using it!
- It’s okay to take a break for a week or a month, or 6 months.
- Start at one store and get comfortable, before you expand to trying it out at many stores.
While CVS is my favorite place to roll, there are many options, so read up on the stores to find out which stores offer rewards and check out Clair’s ! Plus, here’s a few resources -
- VIDEO: Rolling Rewards
- TRAINING VIDEO: The Transaction Calculator
- DOWNLOAD: The Transaction Calculator
Come back on Wednesday to find out how our Challengers do and hear their experiences!
This week’s challenge is sponsored by CVS! CVS is by far my favorite place to roll rewards, because it’s where I learned. In my area, CVS is so friendly, that they not only didn’t make faces at my piles of coupons, but they actually rearranged them to make sure I was saving the most I possible could. Imagine that! A store that wants to help me to spend less.
Here’s a few reasons why you should be taking advantage of the CVS ExtraCare Rewards Program!
- Members of CVS/pharmacy’s ExtraCare Rewards program earn back 2% of nearly every dollar they spend in-store or online, and $1 for every two medicines filled. These rewards are then paid out four times a year, at the end of each quarter, delivered on the bottom of store receipts in the form of Extra Bucks coupons. Extra Bucks are basically store credit, or CVS/pharmacy dollars. In addition to these automatic quarterly rewards, each week special items are marked with instant Extra Bucks offers in the store sales circular and on store shelves. Shoppers that purchase qualifying products are rewarded with instant Extra Bucks coupons that print out right on their receipt at the end of that very shopping trip, as well.
- Extra Bucks can be spent just like cash at CVS/pharmacy. Whether you’re spending your quarterly Extra Bucks that are paid out four times a year, or using instant Extra Bucks earned through weekly promotions, after receiving the coupons you can redeem these Extra Bucks on your next shopping trip to save on just about anything in the store, including things like cosmetics, toiletries, lotions, toys, diapers, snacks, etc.
- In addition to Extra Bucks, CVS/pharmacy stores accept one store coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item purchased, so customers can really stack their savings. Many people combine their coupons and Extra Bucks to shop for free for everyday items.
- ExtraCare Coupon Centers have also been introduced in nearly all CVS stores ” they are little red kiosks that let shoppers swipe their cards at the beginning of trips and get personalized coupons they can use right then and there. On your first visit to the store in January, April, July and October, visiting the Coupon Center at the start of the trip means you will also receive your quarterly Extra Bucks before you shop, so you can spend them right away.
CVS is offering CVS-Brand Gift Baskets to four (4) lucky winners! Baskets include -
- Aloe Vera Aftersun Cooling Gel
- Caliber Magnets
- Cotton Ovals for Makeup Removal
- Earth Essentials Biodegradable Extra-Strong Lawn Bags
- Earth Essentials Biodegradable Microwaveable Bowls
- Epsom Bath Salts
- Peas Cold Therapy Pack
- Pet Central Natural Rawhide Twits
- Sore Muscle Soak
- Sore Throat Spray OR Hand Sanitizing Spray for Kids
- SPF 50 Sunscreen Keychain
What is one product you often “roll” to save money on? Never rolled before? Then tell us what you plan to purchase to “roll” your rewards!
Each task below that is completed is worth one (1) additional entry. All are option, but give you more changes to win!
- “Like” the 90-Day Budget Boot Camp on Facebook!
- Follow @MummyDeals and @InGoodCents on Twitter and tweet – I’m kicking my budget’s butt w/ @ingoodcents & @mummydeals! Could your budget survive? #budgetbootcamp #giveaway http://bit.ly/b1UbEu
- Add the button for the 90-Day Budget Boot Camp to your website’s sidebar.
- Blog about your personal experiences with this challenge and link back, so your readers can start kicking their budget’s butt!
- Subscribe to In Good Cents via RSS or e-mail
- Subscribe to Mummy Deals via RSS or e-mail
The Fine Print - Entries will be accepted until Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at midnight Eastern. Winners will be chosen randomly via Random.org and announced on Mummy Deals on Wednesday, September 15, 2010. This giveaway was sponsored by CVS. We were not compensated for this post, may have received free products for us and/or our challengers. Regardless, as always, all opinions are my own!