It’s the newest fad and social shopping sites are popping up everywhere!
What is Social Shopping?
No, it’s not shopping in a group! It’s the newest trend online. Social shopping sites are working with businesses to negotiate a group rate or limited time exclusive sale. They offer merchandise, services, and even gift cards at dramatically discounted rates of often 50% or more.
Why Take Advantage?
Social shopping is a wonderful way to get a cool gift for a friend or family member without spending a fortune. I’ve been using it to not only do a little early Christmas shopping, but also to pick up some fun family activities at a great discount, trendy clothes for my little ones (and myself), and to treat family and friends, since some deals are so great that I can afford to be generous.
Tips for Making the Most
- Register with your favorite social shopping sites, so you can get daily e-mails announcing their deals. That way, you won’t miss one!
- Understand the site. Not all social shopping sites are the same, so make sure you know the site you’re on. Some offer online deals, while others offer in-store services and discounts only with printable vouchers.
- Read the deal carefully. Make sure you know what you are buying. Is it a gift certificate? If so, can it be used on one product or any product in store? It it a service? Is it a product? The description or details will help you out and it’s important!
- Read the fine print! Most social shopping deal vouchers expire, so make sure you can use it before the expiration date. Also, make sure you understand all of the restrictions involved.
- Read the Voucher. Once you get your deal, make sure you read the actual voucher or confirmation to find out exactly what steps you have to take to redeem it properly.
What Sites to Watch
There are so many social shopping sites online, but here are my favorites and what I watch for on them!
- Groupon – Local deals on restaurants, things to do, opportunities to pamper yourself, services and so much more
- Eversave – Unique and trendy gifts, organics, and other discounts on new and fun online stores and products
- Plum District – Unique gifts, discounts on fun things to do, opportunities to pampers yourself (or a friend), and much more!
- Zulily – Deals for moms, babies, moms-to-be, women, and children
- bTrendie – Discount merchandise for moms-to-be. moms, baby, and kids
- City Deals – Deals on restaurants, entertainment, salons, hotels, and other local services
- Beyond the Rack – High-end merchandise for women, men, teens, children, and really the whole family at discount rates
- Gilt – High-end merchandise for women, men, children, your home and more at discount rates
I’ll be sharing a few of my favorite social shopping sites and what you need to know about them, so watch for that!