I’m not a morning person, so anything I can do to sleep in a little bit helps! With a daughter in kindergarten now it’s important to me I send her with a full belly. Here’s my solution to both problems. These are some of the best pancakes ever.
– – Ingredients – –
- 6 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 1/2 TBSP Baking Powder
- 3 tsp Salt
- 4 TBSP Sugar
- 5 Cups Milk
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 4 1/2 TBSP Butter (melted)
– – Directions – –
- Toss all ingredients into a large bowl and mix with mixer until well blended. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat skillet or griddle and spray with a light coat of cooking spray.
- Batter will rise and be very thick, so use a small cup or measuring cup to scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle one at a time.
- Cook until brown on both sides.
- Serve. And see the Freezer Cooking tip below!
– – Cooking Tips & Ideas – –
- Get Creative – Add fruit or peanut butter or chocolate chips for a new taste, use to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or top with peanut butter and drizzle in syrup before serving.
- Freezer Cooking – This recipe yields 32 servings, so place the remaining into a freezer bag once they’ve cooled completely. They pop apart easily once frozen and can be tossed into the toaster for a quick, delicious breakfast in the morning!
- For Kids – When these pancakes hit the skillet, they are thick, so you can use a spoon to easily (but quickly) shape them into Mickey Mouse, a heart, or whatever!
Want more? Brows the recipe index to check out all of my recipes!