Instead of doling out money for already cooked foods at the grocery store, making them at home can save you tons. Of course, there are times to splurge and times when coupons will get you stocked up super cheap. But, for all those other times, look online for recipes to see if it’s something you can make yourself and maybe something you can freeze for an easy snack or meal later!
– – Ingredients – –
- 1 Large Can White Chicken
- 10 Flour Tortillas
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Salsa
- Salsa or Sour Cream (for dipping)
– – Directions – –
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add onion and garlic, then toss and cook while stirring often until soft. Add salsa, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Turn down to low and simmer approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave tortillas between paper towels for 45 seconds to soften.
- Add a scoop of the chicken mixture into each tortilla. Top with cheese, then roll and place on a cookie sheet with the seam down. Brush with oil.
- Bake until brown for approximately 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with salsa or sour cream to dip.
– – Cooking Tips & More – –
- Freezer Cooking – Cool, then flash freeze on a cookie sheet. When frozen, place in a freezer bag for long term storage. Pull out and heat in the oven at 400 to serve.
- Swap It – Use 1 pound of ground beef instead of chicken for a new taste. Or use canned turkey.
- Encore Meal Idea – This is a wonderful encore meal idea to use leftover chicken, turkey, or beef!
Want more? Brows the recipe index to check out all of my recipes!