This is a favorite of mine and my kids!
– – Ingredients – –
- 1 Can Regular Corn
- 1 Can Cream-Style Corn
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 TBSP Mustard
- 1 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- Small Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 5 TBSP Butter
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
– – Directions – –
- Preheat over to 325 and grease a baking dish.
- Melt 5 TBSP of butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and milk. Cook on medium-low until thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and blended.
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs. Gently stir in corn and 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Combine cheese and corn mixture and pour into baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with remaining bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole for a crunchy top.
- Bake approximately 1 hour until firm.
– – Cooking Tips & More – –
- Save Money – Use crushed cereal or crackers in place of bread crumbs!
- Get Creative – Try Mexican-style corn or add green or red peppers for fun.
Want more? Brows the recipe index to check out all of my recipes!