I’m not sure if my family is terrified of the dreaded, “Did you eat all the crackers?” question or what, but they often leave just a tiny bit of food in the bottom of bags and boxes. Maybe they are being nice and leaving some for the next person. Maybe they are being lazy and don’t want to have to have to head to the trash. Really, I have no clue! But, I often find bags and boxes in the pantry with just a few left over. Not quite enough for a filling snack, but not something you want to throw away.
Well, here’s how we turn those dwindling snacks into a new and exciting snack quickly. Dump them all together. Just take half full or mostly empty containers and mix them for a fun snack mix!
- – Possible Ingredients – -
- Dried Fruit
- Baking Chips (Chocolate, Butterscotch, etc…)
- Granola, Breakfast, or Snack Bars
- Fruit Snacks
- – Directions – -
- Cut, crush, tear, or break any larger ingredients into bite size pieces.
- Toss into a storage bag.
- Shake to mix.
- Serve or store for later!
- – Cooking Tips & More – -
- For Kids - Let them do it! They will have a blast making new creations!
- Spice It Up - Add spices to punch up the flavor and make your snack mix Garlic Herb, BBQ, Mexican, or another great flavor.
- Sweeten It Up - Toss in cinnamon, sugar, or a drop of honey to sweeten your mix.
Want more? Brows the recipe index to check out all of my recipes!