It’s corn time! You’re going to start seeing in-husk corn on sale a lot soon. My family loves corn. It’s delicious on the cob, off the cob, on the grill, baked, boiled, in salads, in dips, on Mexican foods, in soups, and so many other ways!
:: Ingredients ::
- 2 cups fresh corn (cooked, cooled, and removed from cob)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 apple (diced)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup basil (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white or apple-cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
:: Directions ::
- In a bowl, toss the corn, tomatoes, apples, and onion and chill in refrigerator.
- In a cup, mix oil, basil, and vinegar. Blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to salad, toss to coat, and serve!
:: Centsible Cooking Tips & More ::
- Change It Up: You can mix and match summer vegetables to make your own favorite!
- Encore Meal Idea: Save extra dressing for another salad night!
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.