Sorry about the photo. I took one, but we got into a battle and it won! But that’s okay, because you can peak at my recipe for Sticky Sweet Ribs, since I just altered that recipe a bit.
If you’ve been with me long enough, you know. When the weather warms up, me and my grill become best friends. Food just tastes better cooked outdoors!
:: Ingredients ::
- 4 Pork Chops (diced)
- 4 Kabob Sticks
- 1 TBSP Melted Butter
- 2 TBSP Honey-Barbecue Sauce
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
:: Directions ::
- Mix all ingredients, excluding pork. Place mixture and pork into a bag or container to marinade overnight.
- Skew pork onto kabob sticks and place on grill at medium-low. Cooking time will depend on how thick your chops are, but approximately 20-40 minutes.
- Take the remaining mixture from the bag and heat on the stove until boiling. Reduce and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside to thicken while kabobs cook. Add additional honey if you prefer a thicker texture before serving.
- Increase heat on grill to high and cook an additional 5 minutes to toughen the outside, since this pork should be chewy.
- Enjoy with Garlic Walnut Broccoli.
- – Centsible Cooking Tips & More – –
- Be Centsible: Add vegetables, like carrots, broccoli, or zucchini, to your kabobs to stretch out the meat and save you money!
- Change It Up: This recipe works well which chicken or beef too!
- Freezer Cooking: Place in a freezer-safe bag and store in your deep freeze up to 6 months.
- Kid-Proof It: Skip the red pepper flakes, so your kids don’t get overwhelmed.
- Simplify It: Don’t want to pull out the grill. You can bake these too!
- Spice It Up: Add more red pepper flakes to make this spicier.
- Sweeten It Up: Add more honey to thicken or make this sweeter.
- Swap It: Replace soy sauce with Worcestershire sauce or orange juice with pineapple juice for a new flavor. Replace butter with olive oil for a healthier option.
- Encore Meal Idea: Mix the remaining meat with Garlic Walnut Broccoli, vegetables, or rice to make a stirfry!
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.