Somewhere along the line, my kids found out the wonders of Butter Noodles. If you don’t know, it’s exactly what it sounds like – butter and noodles. Sounds healthy, right? Not quite, and to me, they’re a bit boring. Over the years, I’ve started adding things to their Butter Noodles to make them more exciting and healthy.
:: Ingredients ::
- 4 Cups Egg Noodles
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1/2 TBSP Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Broccoli (diced, bite-size)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
:: Directions ::
- Boil noodles, broccoli, and spinach in water until soft and cooked completely.
- Drain, but don’t rinse. We need them to be hot and have a little water left on them.
- Drop in the butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss until butter is melted and noodles are covered.
- Serve warm.
:: Centsible Cooking Tips & More ::
- Be Centsible: As you see, I didn’t use egg noodles. Use what you have on hand – spaghetti or another pasta you can get cheap or FREE!
- Change It Up: Replace the Parmesan with cheddar, mozzarella, or your favorite cheese. The picture is cheddar and mozzarella. Also, mix and match spices. I actually tossed in a little sun-dried tomato spice I had on hand in the pictured meal.
- Get Creative: Add more veggies to make it healthier, feed more, and last longer. Try sliced carrots, onions, green peppers, sweet peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, or your favorite.
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.