e-Course: The Transaction Calculator

by Beth Montgomery on April 27, 2010 · 6 comments

in Coupons & Rebates, Tips & Basics

This is Part 27 of the 30-day Savings Soiree e-course by In Good Cents. View the most recent course in this series or head to the Saving Soiree e-course main menu.   Want to make sure you don’t miss a new course?   Subscribe to In Good Cents via RSS or e-mail!

Yesterday we talked about rolling our rewards to actually make money shopping!   But it can be so confusing.   The hardest part is figuring out how to roll your rewards to gain more rewards, while still paying as little as possible out of pocket.

Today, I’m sharing with you my transaction calculator that will help you create your own transactions to help you see it in action while you plan, plus watch the final results.   You can mix things up or move them around, until you find exactly what works best for you!

Note to RSS and e-Mail Subscribers: There are videos embedded into this post, which will not appear to you.   To view it, please visit the post on the main site or check out the In Good Cents You Tube Channel.   While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe, to get the latest videos first, before they are posted here.

- – Additional Resources from Previous Posts – -

Confused or want more help? Don’t forget that I teach classes and speak in the Central Indiana area! Use the code ClippingMyBudget to get $10 off a public class.

Grab the Saving Soiree e-Course button!

In Good Cents Savings e-Course

1 Ashley April 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM

It is saying that your video is “private”. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong – but I can’t view it. Thanks for your help!

2 Meg April 27, 2010 at 2:57 PM

It says it’s a private video and won’t let me watch it. You might want to check that out!
.-= Meg ´s last blog ..Oooh Pretty! =-.

3 Beth @ In Good Cents April 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Sorry everyone. I usually upload them in advance, then make them public the day of, but I got the worst virus and haven’t been out of bed all day. It’s public now!
.-= Beth @ In Good Cents ´s last blog ..e-Course: The Transaction Calculator =-.

4 Jennifer April 29, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Hi Beth,

Thank you so much for the video for the transaction. I have a question about the calculation. When you are doing calculation, you dont add any tax into it. Is that because we need to pay tax no matter what, so you just simply skip tax part? Actually I found some blogs teaching the similar situation, but non of them adds tax into calculation. Thanks!

5 Beth Montgomery April 29, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Jennifer,

It’s because of all the variables. Coupons don’t count towards tax, but some rewards (gift cards) do, while some (ECB) don’t. It depends on where you are shopping and what state your in and all those wonderful factors! Therefore, we often leave it up to you to figure out the tax.

Beth
.-= Beth Montgomery ´s last blog ..e-Course: Putting it into Practice & More Frugal Tips (VIDEO) =-.

6 Deb Spaulding October 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I met a lady at Meijer last week and she gave me your web site name. It is so informative and easy to navigate. Thanks. I will be back often. Saving with Deb