:: Ingredients ::
- 1 1/2 lb fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp grown black pepper
- 1 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 small chopped onion
:: Directions ::
- Boil broccoli and onion or steam until still crisp, but softened. Drain. Set aside
- In a separate sauce pan, melt butter, add brown sugar and stir until blended. Pour in soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until blended and smooth.
- Pour over broccoli. Add bacon bits and walnuts, then toss and serve immediately.
:: Centsible Cooking Tips & More ::
- Change It Up: Add sun-dried tomatoes for a new taste. Or replace the walnuts with cashews or sunflower seeds.
- Spice It Up: Toss in some red pepper flakes to spice things up.
- Encore Meal Idea: Add pork or chicken to leftovers for a stir-fry encore meal.
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.