I love heading to BW for wings during football season, but we all know it’s cheaper to stay home and save money! This is a simple way to make cheap buffalo chicken from your own home! I’ve made chicken breasts in the picture above, but you could make wings or even buffalo turkey!
– – Ingredients – –
- 4-6 Skinless Chicken Breasts (or meat of your choice)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (more or less depending on taste)
– – Directions – –
- In the morning, make Hot & Spicy Chili Oil by placing the oil and red pepper flakes into your food processor, magic bullet, or blender to mix until almost smooth. There will still be some tiny flakes of red pepper. Set aside, so the flavors can blend together. If you prefer, you can also buy Hot Chili Oil at your local grocery store.
- At dinner time, preheat your over to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, pepper, and chili powder until well blended.
- Coat each side of the chicken with a generous amount of Hot & Spicy Chili Oil. Sprinkle top and bottom with the salt mixture and place on your baking sheet.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dip.
– – Centsible Cooking Tips & More – –
- Be Centsible: Making your own Chili oil will save you a lot of money and taste just as good. Plus, you can save the extra to use in other recipes.
- Change It Up: Too spicy? Use less red pepper flakes. Not spicy enough? Add more!
- Freezer Cooking: This meal freezes easily. Make extras then put them in a freezer bag and put in your freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw and heat before serving.
- Kid-Proof It: Make an extra chicken breast without the hot chili oil, if your little one doesn’t like spicy f
- Encore Meal Idea: When you’re done, chop up leftovers to use in salads or other meals! Or use to make Buffalo Chicken Wraps.
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.