My husband is not a fan of barbecue sauce, but I love it. So, our compromise? Homemade barbcue sauce. This recipe is from my stepmom who makes the most absolutely delicious homemade barbcue sauce. You can even mix it up to make it more you!
– – Ingredients – –
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c mustard
- 1/4 c cider vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 T honey
- 1 t. cayenne
– – Directions – –
- Combine ingredients in a small pan
- Mix while heating on the stove at medium high for about 5 minutes
- Serve hot or cold
– – Centsible Cooking Tips & More – –
- Be Centsible: Making foods from scratch is always centsible!
- Freezer Cooking: Just place in a freezer baggie to store for up to 3 months in your deep freezer.
- Spice It Up: Add hot sauce or hot peppers give this recipe a bit of a bite.
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.