Excited about our Disney trip, I’ve been researching ways to save money without losing the quality of the experience and came across Disney’s Give a Day, Get a Day. Have you heard of this? What a wonderful program!
You can search for ways to volunteer in your area. By volunteering one day, you’ll earn one ticket to Disney absolutely FREE! Volunteer opportunities listed include those available within the next 60 days and change daily with new opportunities being added all the time. You can do Habitat for Humanity and build a home for someone in need, walk dogs at the humane shelter, make baby blankets, and so much more! There’s something for everyone. Even those hesitate to jump in and volunteer!
Keep in mind you must:
- Live in the U.S. , Puerto Rico, or Canada to participate
- Be 18 years of age or older to sign up for volunteer opportunities
- Be at least 6 years of age to earn a FREE ticket by volunteering (note: children ages 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult when volunteering)
- You must register with a participating opportunity for your volunteer day to qualify
- Tickets must be used by December 15, 2010
- Your volunteer opportunity must be verified to qualify for your FREE ticket
There are also restrictions, black-out dates and more, so read up before applying. If you plan to head to Disney though, it’s a wonderful way to give back and save money!
How did you save money on your family vacation to Disney? I need your brilliant tips!