It was my birthday and all I wanted was (naturally) a Mexican Fiesta. As my mom and I were planning the menu, I suddenly got a brillant idea – fried ice cream. Of course, we weren’t planning ahead. We were planning dinner for that night at 3 PM. But, fried ice cream has to be quick and easy, right? WRONG!
Fried ice cream takes hours. You have to freeze it, fry it, freeze it some more. It spends like a total of 4-6 hours in the freezer, so that option was out. Craving fried ice cream now, we came up with a solution – faux fried ice cream. It’s not fried, but in my opinion, it was better than the real stuff! Probably healthier too.
– – Ingredients – –
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel (pictured) or honey topping
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
– – Directions – –
- Scoop ice cream in to your bowl.
- Grab a handful of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal and crunch lightly in a bag or in your hand. You want it to be chunky still.
- Coat your ice cream with the cereal.
- Drizzle with topping.
– – Centsible Cooking Tips & More – –
- Kid-Friendly: This recipe is already kid-friendly. Trust me!
- Swap It: Use vanilla yogurt instead of ice cream to make it healthier.
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.