– – Ingredients – –
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 1/8 tsp yeast
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
– – Directions – –
- Mix and then kneed all of the pocket ingredients until well blended. Cover and set aside to rise for about 1 hour or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- When done, separate dough into approximately 6-7 equal piece. Kneed, roll and flatten each piece into a circle.
- Top each circle of dough with chicken, douse with pasta sauce, layer with spinach, and sprinkle with Parmesan (leave a bit of Parmesan for later).
- Gently close each circle of dough around the chicken stuffing mixture and seal by pinching. At this point, you can gently shape them as well, if needed. Top each one with remaining Parmesan.
- Place on a foil-lined or greased cookie sheet or baking sheet and place in the oven for approximately 20-30 minutes until done.
- Serve hot.
– – Centsible
Cooking Tips & More – –
- Be Centsible: Replace the Parmesan cheese with cheddar, Velveeta, or whatever you have on hand or plan around what is on sale at your local grocery store.
- Get Creative: Add your favorite vegetables or get even more creative and make breakfast hot pockets with eggs, sausage, and cheese or lunch hot pockets with ham and cheese.
- Freezer Cooking: This meal is the perfect freezer meal! Simply place the pockets in a freezer save resealable bag and place in the freezer. Remember to remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. They keep up to 3 month.
- Simplify It: Use your bread machine on “dough” setting to make the pocket dough!
- Encore Meal Idea: This is the perfect Encore Meal! Use left over chicken breasts or other meats, omelets, and vegetables to make your hot pockets.
Get more cent saving recipes! Browse by ingredient or search.